IRC monthly meeting + project description

IRC monthly meeting + project description

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I imagine that a lot of you are missing a vision or the path of actions in Pharo. So I want to fix that
because it will give you a chance to participate and get the vision.

I'm starting to produce some slides that describe the challenges we should address

I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
other people can join.

Le me know what you think about it.

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Adrian Lienhard
I think that's a great idea!

Cheers
Adrian

BTW, for those who don't know the new time zone "Paris time": this is UTC/GMT +1 (until end of March) ;)

On Dec 3, 2010, at 16:57 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I imagine that a lot of you are missing a vision or the path of actions in Pharo. So I want to fix that
> because it will give you a chance to participate and get the vision.
>
> I'm starting to produce some slides that describe the challenges we should address
>
> I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
> the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
> other people can join.
>
> Le me know what you think about it.
>
> Stef

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

laza
BTW, for those who don't know the new time zone "Paris time": this is UTC/GMT +1 (until end of March) ;)

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
On a working day at 14:00 Argentina time i can't be there.... but i would love to!

Cheers,
Francisco

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW, for those who don't know the new time zone "Paris time": this is UTC/GMT +1 (until end of March) ;)

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Also known as CET, all the time ;)

Cheers,
Henry

Den 3. des. 2010 kl. 17:15 skrev Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:

> I think that's a great idea!
>
> Cheers
> Adrian
>
> BTW, for those who don't know the new time zone "Paris time": this is UTC/GMT +1 (until end of March) ;)
>
> On Dec 3, 2010, at 16:57 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I imagine that a lot of you are missing a vision or the path of actions in Pharo. So I want to fix that
>> because it will give you a chance to participate and get the vision.
>>
>> I'm starting to produce some slides that describe the challenges we should address
>>
>> I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
>> the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
>> other people can join.
>>
>> Le me know what you think about it.
>>
>> Stef

[OT] Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Adrian Lienhard
On Dec 3, 2010, at 19:23 , Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Also known as CET, all the time ;)

only half of the year... there's also CEST

sorry, this is getting OT

Adrian

> Cheers,
> Henry
>
> Den 3. des. 2010 kl. 17:15 skrev Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I think that's a great idea!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Adrian
>>
>> BTW, for those who don't know the new time zone "Paris time": this is UTC/GMT +1 (until end of March) ;)
>>
>> On Dec 3, 2010, at 16:57 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I imagine that a lot of you are missing a vision or the path of actions in Pharo. So I want to fix that
>>> because it will give you a chance to participate and get the vision.
>>>
>>> I'm starting to produce some slides that describe the challenges we should address
>>>
>>> I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
>>> the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
>>> other people can join.
>>>
>>> Le me know what you think about it.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: [OT] Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On 03.12.2010 19:48, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2010, at 19:23 , Henrik Johansen wrote:
>
>> Also known as CET, all the time ;)
> only half of the year... there's also CEST
Blah, timezones give me a headache :(
Was of the faulty assumption this one was sane enough to represent the
time actually used, but nooo.
> sorry, this is getting OT
Err, yeah.
Anyways, good idea with the vision and chat, hope I'll be available next
tuesday!

Cheers,
Henry

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

csrabak
I find the idea very good indeed. On the time proposed, it happens to be a little earlier and may clash with working hours in this corner of world.

I see this as insoluble, so the best I can suggest is to have some sort of 'rotating' time schedule in order to have a greater chance of people be able to interact with on at least quarterly frequency.

--
Cesar Rabak

Em 03/12/2010 13:57, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
Hi guys

I imagine that a lot of you are missing a vision or the path of actions in Pharo. So I want to fix that
because it will give you a chance to participate and get the vision.

I'm starting to produce some slides that describe the challenges we should address

I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
other people can join.

Le me know what you think about it.

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Ok so at 20h00 we get our first IRC meeting. See U there.

> I suggest that we start also a monthly IRC chat
> the first/second tuesday of the month. I propose tuesday 7 at 18h00 or 20h00 Paris time so that
> other people can join.
>
> Le me know what you think about it.
>
> Stef

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 7, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Ok so at 20h00 we get our first IRC meeting. See U there.

I have tickets for a concert tonight... lille orchestra playing la Symphonie fantastique
So I can not join. (or maybe afterwards)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 7, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Ok so at 20h00 we get our first IRC meeting. See U there.

I have tickets for a concert tonight... lille orchestra playing la Symphonie fantastique
So I can not join. (or maybe afterwards)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Guillermo Polito
This channel http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=pharo-project?  I have the afternoon free and I'd like to join :)

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Dec 7, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Ok so at 20h00 we get our first IRC meeting. See U there.

I have tickets for a concert tonight... lille orchestra playing la Symphonie fantastique
So I can not join. (or maybe afterwards)

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: IRC monthly meeting + project description

Stéphane Ducasse
yes join this is now starting.