ISBN - barecode reader?

stephane ducasse
Hi

Does anybody know a good barecode reader libraries that I could invoke/wrap from pharo?

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

Denis Kudriashov
Why you need some library?
With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.

barecode

On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Why you need some library?

I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.

Stef

> With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
>
> 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

laurent laffont

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Why you need some library?

I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.

A solution seems to capture the image and then use  zbar lib http://zbar.sourceforge.net/

Laurent

Stef

> With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
>
> 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

Thanks

In fact after the remarks of denis I think that the most important aspect for me is how to query amazon web services :)

Stef

On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
>
> > Why you need some library?
>
> I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.
>

> A solution seems to capture the image and then use  zbar lib http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
>
> Laurent
>

> Stef
>
> > With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
> >
> > 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> > barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

laurent laffont
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks

In fact after the remarks of denis I think that the most important aspect for me is how to query amazon web services :)

It's not the most intuitive web service but I've used it before. I will try from Pharo.

You can have a look at:

Cheers,

Laurent

Stef

On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
>
> > Why you need some library?
>
> I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.
>

> A solution seems to capture the image and then use  zbar lib http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
>
> Laurent
>

> Stef
>
> > With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
> >
> > 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> > barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:59 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> In fact after the remarks of denis I think that the most important aspect for me is how to query amazon web services :)
>

> It's not the most intuitive web service but I've used it before. I will try from Pharo.

It would be gorgeous :)

> You can have a look at:
> http://www.morganney.com/blog/API/AWS-Product-Advertising-API-Requires-a-Signed-Request.php
> http://www.morganney.com/blog/API/Amazon-Web-Services-with-PHP-and-SimpleXML.php
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent
>

> Stef
>
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> >
> > > Why you need some library?
> >
> > I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.
> >

> > A solution seems to capture the image and then use  zbar lib http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Laurent
> >

> > Stef
> >
> > > With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
> > >
> > > 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> > > barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

mirko kiefer sent me
        I wrote a simple client for the Amazon Web Services in Node.js that allows you to do this kind of queries.
        The implementation is quite straightforward - porting it to Smalltalk shouldn't be much work.
        http://github.com/mirkok/Node-AWS

On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:59 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> In fact after the remarks of denis I think that the most important aspect for me is how to query amazon web services :)
>

> It's not the most intuitive web service but I've used it before. I will try from Pharo.
>
> You can have a look at:
> http://www.morganney.com/blog/API/AWS-Product-Advertising-API-Requires-a-Signed-Request.php
> http://www.morganney.com/blog/API/Amazon-Web-Services-with-PHP-and-SimpleXML.php
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent
>

> Stef
>
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
>

> > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Oct 31, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:
> >
> > > Why you need some library?
> >
> > I would like to see if I can use the webcam of my computer to scan isbn and get data for my comix.
> >

> > A solution seems to capture the image and then use  zbar lib http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Laurent
> >

> > Stef
> >
> > > With my experance barcode reader work like usual keyboard. When you scan barcode with device it chars input to current focused view like as you typed it from keyboard.
> > >
> > > 2010/10/31 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
> > > barecode

Re: ISBN - barecode reader?

Guillermo Polito
Stef, maybe you can try with SoapOpera if you want to query the ws from pharo :).