IWST event date and participant poll

Vincent Aranega
Hi everyone,

As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that we
are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before the
27th of October:

https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962

Thanks to all of you,

Vincent Aranega
Loïc Lagadec

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Martin McClure-5
It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.

I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days
works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for
those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if
it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do
understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before
> the 27th of October:
>
> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>
> Thanks to all of you,
>
> Vincent Aranega
> Loïc Lagadec

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Vincent Aranega
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply, you're right, the event could be done on two days. Let be honest, I did a mistake only considering UTC-7 timezone thinking that the event could start later than 14h Paris (15h or 16h), sorry about that.
I'm not sure that I can modify the online poll, but I will propose a new one with these new options asap. I'm apologize in advance for the multiple emails and polls to answer to.

Thanks for your help,
Vincent

23 oct. 2020 06:29:11 Martin McClure <[hidden email]>:

> It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.
>
> I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience that would be for the interested parties.
>
> Thanks,
> -Martin
>
> On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before the 27th of October:
>>
>> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>>
>> Thanks to all of you,
>>
>> Vincent Aranega
>> Loïc Lagadec

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

SergeStinckwich
Hi all,

I think this will be difficult to find a correct time zone for everyone.
I'm UTC+8, so doing it later than 4pm (Paris) will be very late for me (10pm).
But I guess there are not that many attendees from Asia ;-)

Regards,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 12:29, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.

I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days
works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for
those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if
it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do
understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before
> the 27th of October:
>
> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>
> Thanks to all of you,
>
> Vincent Aranega
> Loïc Lagadec

Serge Stinckwic
​h​
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Martin McClure-5
Hi Serge,

So if we were to schedule it just for the convenience you and I, it would happen at 01h in Paris. ;-)

You are right that it's probably not possible to make it a convenient time for *everyone* that is interested. But getting information about how many attendees are in which time zones is useful for scheduling. And the presenters -- I certainly don't want any of *them* to have to be alert enough to give a good presentation in the middle of their night, just for my own convenience.

Regards,
-Martin

On 10/22/20 10:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
Hi all,

I think this will be difficult to find a correct time zone for everyone.
I'm UTC+8, so doing it later than 4pm (Paris) will be very late for me (10pm).
But I guess there are not that many attendees from Asia ;-)

Regards,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 12:29, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.

I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days
works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for
those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if
it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do
understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before
> the 27th of October:
>
> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>
> Thanks to all of you,
>
> Vincent Aranega
> Loïc Lagadec

Serge Stinckwic
​h​
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Christian Haider

Hi,

here is a little table with the time zones.

Christian

So if we were to schedule it just for the convenience you and I, it would happen at 01h in Paris. ;-)

You are right that it's probably not possible to make it a convenient time for *everyone* that is interested. But getting information about how many attendees are in which time zones is useful for scheduling. And the presenters -- I certainly don't want any of *them* to have to be alert enough to give a good presentation in the middle of their night, just for my own convenience.

Regards,
-Martin

On 10/22/20 10:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

Hi all,

I think this will be difficult to find a correct time zone for everyone.

I'm UTC+8, so doing it later than 4pm (Paris) will be very late for me (10pm).

But I guess there are not that many attendees from Asia ;-)

Regards,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 12:29, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:

It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.

I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days
works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for
those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if
it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do
understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before
> the 27th of October:
>
> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>
> Thanks to all of you,
>
> Vincent Aranega
> Loïc Lagadec

Serge Stinckwic

https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

TimesForIWST.pdf (45K) Download Attachment

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Vincent Aranega
Hi everyone,

@Christian Thanks for the time table, it helped us a lot to drive our discussions about the even organization.

So far, regarding Martin and Serge comments, we decided to schedule the event on two days, Wednesday the 17th and Thursday the 18th of November.
Currently, we are scheduling the event for 4pm-6pm Paris hours, but we would like to know more precisely in which timezone you are and which track you would prefer to attend (could be all of them) . Depending on the results, we could try to shift for +/- 1h the beginning of the track.

We have two main tracks: langage/VM and debug/tests. We put a new poll (again...) with some choices regarding to your place and your track interests: https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962

Thanks for your participations!

Regards,
Vincent Aranega
Loïc Lagadec

On 24/10/2020 09:21, Christian Haider wrote:

Hi,

here is a little table with the time zones.

Christian

So if we were to schedule it just for the convenience you and I, it would happen at 01h in Paris. ;-)

You are right that it's probably not possible to make it a convenient time for *everyone* that is interested. But getting information about how many attendees are in which time zones is useful for scheduling. And the presenters -- I certainly don't want any of *them* to have to be alert enough to give a good presentation in the middle of their night, just for my own convenience.

Regards,
-Martin

On 10/22/20 10:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

Hi all,

I think this will be difficult to find a correct time zone for everyone.

I'm UTC+8, so doing it later than 4pm (Paris) will be very late for me (10pm).

But I guess there are not that many attendees from Asia ;-)

Regards,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 12:29, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:

It's good to hear that IWST is happening this year.

I looked at the survey, but didn't send an answer. Any of the three days
works for me, but the hours are a bit tough. They are rather early for
those of us in the UTC-8 timezone. I'd be much more likely to attend if
it was done on two days, 17h-19h Paris (8h-10h my local). I do
understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before
> the 27th of October:
>
> https://fast-poll.com/poll/28735962
>
> Thanks to all of you,
>
> Vincent Aranega
> Loïc Lagadec

Serge Stinckwic

https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: IWST event date and participant poll

Vincent Aranega
Hi again,

My bad, I set the wrong poll link... Sorry about that, here is the good one: https://fast-poll.com/poll/aee7083f

Regards,
Vincent Aranega

On 02/11/2020 17:14, Vincent Aranega wrote:
> [...]

understand that there are likely to be a lot more attendees from Europe
than from the west coast of the US, but it would be nice to have some
survey options for the later times to judge how much of an inconvenience
that would be for the interested parties.

Thanks,
-Martin

On 10/21/20 8:16 AM, Vincent Aranega wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed, due to the COVID situation and with ESUG
> cancelled, IWST organization went late. We are happy to announce that
> we are planning the remote event for mid-November. Each year IWST is
> collocated with ESUG and we get a rough idea of the number of
> participants, but this year we cannot rely on that. To get a good
> estimation and ensure that a maximum of persons can enjoy the
> presentations, we kindly ask you to answer the following poll before

Serge Stinckwic

https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich