Iceberg: Cannot Clone Pharo Repository

darth-cheney
I am having (new) issues cloning my forked pharo repository in a fresh P7 image for development. Git objects are pulled from the repository successfully, but during the checkout phase the error posted below occurs (I can also provide a fuel dump by request).

Here is my current system:
OSX 10.13.1 (High Sierra)
Pharo 7.0
Build information: Pharo-7.0+alpha.build.1159.sha.65cff7b3c78af7ecf3728abdd2f44bf0cbc8a548 (32 Bit)

My fork:

Error Stack:

```
IceUnknownCommit(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #adopt
IcePharoPlugin>>repositoryWillBeCreated:
[ :each | each repositoryWillBeCreated: aRepository ] in IcePluginManager>>repositoryWillBeCreated: in Block: [ :each | each repositoryWillBeCreated: aRepositor...etc...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
IcePluginManager>>repositoryWillBeCreated:
IceRepositoryCreator>>cloneRepository
[ self validate.
self isCloning
    ifTrue: [ self cloneRepository ]
    ifFalse: [ self addLocalRepository ] ] in IceRepositoryCreator>>createRepository in Block: [ self validate....
BlockClosure>>on:do:
IceRepositoryCreator>>createRepository
[ ^ IceRepositoryCreator new
    repository: repository;
    remote: (IceGitRemote url: self remoteUrl);
    location: self projectLocation location;
    createRepository ] in IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel(IceTipGitRepositoryPanel)>>newRepository in Block: [ ^ IceRepositoryCreator new...
[ :bar |
bar label: aString.
aBlock value ] in MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>informUser:during: in Block: [ :bar | ...
[ :bar | aBlock value: bar ] in MorphicUIManager>>informUserDuring: in Block: [ :bar | aBlock value: bar ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
[ ^ block cull: self ] in [ self prepareForRunning.
CurrentJob value: self during: [ ^ block cull: self ] ] in Job>>run in Block: [ ^ block cull: self ]
[ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
aBlock value ] in CurrentJob(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
CurrentJob(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
CurrentJob class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
[ self prepareForRunning.
CurrentJob value: self during: [ ^ block cull: self ] ] in Job>>run in Block: [ self prepareForRunning....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
MorphicUIManager>>informUserDuring:
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>informUser:during:
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel(IceTipGitRepositoryPanel)>>newRepository
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel>>newRepository
IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog>>doAccept
[ self doAccept.
true ] in IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog(IceTipOptionDialog)>>accept in Block: [ self doAccept....
BlockClosure>>on:do:

Eric

Re: Iceberg: Cannot Clone Pharo Repository

Guillermo Polito
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the report. I'm looking into it.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 6:20 PM Eric Gade <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

CurrentJob(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
CurrentJob class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
[ self prepareForRunning.
CurrentJob value: self during: [ ^ block cull: self ] ] in Job>>run in Block: [ self prepareForRunning....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
MorphicUIManager>>informUserDuring:
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>informUser:during:
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel(IceTipGitRepositoryPanel)>>newRepository
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel>>newRepository
IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog>>doAccept
[ self doAccept.
true ] in IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog(IceTipOptionDialog)>>accept in Block: [ self doAccept....
BlockClosure>>on:do:
IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog(IceTipOptionDialog)>>accept

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg: Cannot Clone Pharo Repository

Guillermo Polito
As a workaround, maybe you can try updating your fork before cloning it from Iceberg?

$ git clone yourFork
$ git pull from-pharo
$ git push

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg: Cannot Clone Pharo Repository

darth-cheney
This workaround has done the trick for me for the moment (for anyone reading: you clone manually and then in Iceberg select the repository from the local filesystem).

However, I'm now getting a new authentication error when trying to clone directly from my updated fork (instead of loading from filesystem). It claims I have not provided a valid set of credentials and that I should link to my ssh key or use HTTPS as the fetch method. Problem is, I've selected HTTPS already! I'm attaching a screenshot.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 4:27 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

CurrentJob(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
CurrentJob class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
[ self prepareForRunning.
CurrentJob value: self during: [ ^ block cull: self ] ] in Job>>run in Block: [ self prepareForRunning....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
MorphicUIManager>>informUserDuring:
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>informUser:during:
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel(IceTipGitRepositoryPanel)>>newRepository
IceTipGitHubRepositoryPanel>>newRepository
IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog>>doAccept
[ self doAccept.
true ] in IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog(IceTipOptionDialog)>>accept in Block: [ self doAccept....
BlockClosure>>on:do:
IceTipRegisterRepositoryDialog(IceTipOptionDialog)>>accept

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 3.33.22 PM.png (178K) Download Attachment