Iceberg: Code directory missing

Evan Donahue
Hi,

I'm trying to push a local project to github via iceberg. I just pulled the stable 70 threaded image & vm pair (70+vmT) and tried to follow the instructions on the iceberg github page, but after successfully cloning the new empty repo on github (I can see the README), the iceberg browser just says "Code directory missing" in the repo status, and it does not seem to give me the option to add packages. The only available tab says "Repository is invalid" <edit, clone, forget>. Anyone know what might have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Iceberg: Code directory missing

Prof. Andrew P. Black

> On 12 Dec 2017, at 03:17 , Evan Donahue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to push a local project to github via iceberg. I just pulled the stable 70 threaded image & vm pair (70+vmT) and tried to follow the instructions on the iceberg github page, but after successfully cloning the new empty repo on github (I can see the README),

So the local clone exists in the file system.

> the iceberg browser just says "Code directory missing" in the repo status, and it does not seem to give me the option to add packages.

If you close Iceberg and open a new Iceberg window, does anything change?  If not, the most likely option is that you projects are not at the top level of the repository, but in a subdirectory (such as src/, or projects/).

> The only available tab says "Repository is invalid" <edit, clone, forget>.

If that’s the case, you can <edit> the repository and add the subdirectory name.

> Anyone know what might have gone wrong?

If that doesn’t work, you could try <forget>ing the repository, and then using <Add local clone>.  But one it gets confused about the state of the world, Iceberg is pretty stubborn about being set right.

        Andrew

Re: Iceberg: Code directory missing

Evan Donahue
Got it. I didn't realize the code subdirectory wasn't automatically created
by Iceberg if it didn't exist. I deleted the subdirectory name in the repo
config and my code seems to have made it to github. I submitted a pull
request with some clarifications to the iceberg readme.

Thanks,
Evan

Re: Iceberg: Code directory missing

Stephane Ducasse-3
I have a lot of "Clarification" wishe list ofr iceberg :) You cannot
imagine it. :)