Iceberg Error in Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
When trying to convert Soup to Tonel, I got:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #methodClass
RGMethodDefinition>>asMCMethodDefinitionFromActiveDefinition
RGMethodDefinition>>basicAsMCMethodDefinition
RGMethodDefinition>>asMCMethodDefinition
[ :ea | definitions add: ea asMCMethodDefinition ] in
MCPackage>>basicSnapshot in Block: [ :ea | definitions add: ea
asMCMethodDefinition ]...etc...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
MCPackage>>basicSnapshot
IceWorkingCopy>>snapshotForPackage:
IceMCPackageImporter>>snapshot

Ideas?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Iceberg Error in Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #methodClass
> RGMethodDefinition>>asMCMethodDefinitionFromActiveDefinition

This happened to me again in a different image, but this time with a
different cause. I removed some methods via Calypso and somehow the
PackageSet got out of sync and still listed the non-existent methods.

The workaround to be able to keep working was to click back to
`#basicSnapshot` in the debugger call chain, "debug it" on `rPackageSet
methods`, and then manually re-evaluate the lazy initialization block.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Iceberg Error in Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> somehow the PackageSet got out of sync

This was also the cause of the problem I reported on Discord where changes
were not showing up in Iceberg.

I create an issue:
RPackageSet Out of Sync
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/4648