classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Iceberg Loading issue

Vincent.Blondeau
Hi,

I am encountering some problems with Iceberg on the latest version.

I want to load the commits I just made on a branch on my Pharo fork, let's say "21124". I set the local repo to the current version of my Pharo image, i.e. the development branch (commit 0dbf86).
Thanks to the iceberg interface, I change the current branch to "21124", there are 12 commits that are incoming.
Then, I then do "Pull incoming commit" to load them.
But after a few moment, instead of loading only the delta between the development branch and the "21124" one, iceberg goes further in the commit history and wants to load 174 commits... Including one that does not load.

By debugging, it seems that there is a problem with LGitRepository>>fastForward:, the result of "self lookup: 'FETCH_HEAD'" gives not the good commit i.e. the one of the development branch  (commit 0dbf86), but instead the one of "I do not what".

Does this issue is known? And how can I bypass it or solve it?

Thanks,

Vincent

winmail.dat (20K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Iceberg Loading issue

Max Leske
Hi Vincent,

Possibly a problem with updating FETCH_HEAD. Does it work when you perform only the pull operation from Pharo (i.e., check out the branch on the command line)?

Cheers,
Max

On 26 January 2018 at 00:43:40, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi,

I want to load the commits I just made on a branch on my Pharo fork, let's say "21124". I set the local repo to the current version of my Pharo image, i.e. the development branch (commit 0dbf86).
Thanks to the iceberg interface, I change the current branch to "21124", there are 12 commits that are incoming.
But after a few moment, instead of loading only the delta between the development branch and the "21124" one, iceberg goes further in the commit history and wants to load 174 commits... Including one that does not load.

By debugging, it seems that there is a problem with LGitRepository>>fastForward:, the result of "self lookup: 'FETCH_HEAD'" gives not the good commit i.e. the one of the development branch (commit 0dbf86), but instead the one of "I do not what".

Thanks,

Vincent
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincent Blondeau

Hi Max,

Yes, I tried that too: pulling the branch outside Pharo, set it to the 21124 branch head, then launch Pharo and run the pull of incoming commits from Pharo.

Also, loading one commit at the time works, but you cannot do it for a lot of commits, the list of commits is very slow to refresh (at least under Windows).

Cheers,

Vincent

From: Pharo-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Max Leske
Sent: jeudi 25 janvier 2018 22:15
To: Pharo Development List
Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Iceberg Loading issue

Hi Vincent,

Possibly a problem with updating FETCH_HEAD. Does it work when you perform only the pull operation from Pharo (i.e., check out the branch on the command line)?

Cheers,

Max

On 26 January 2018 at 00:43:40, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi,

By debugging, it seems that there is a problem with LGitRepository>>fastForward:, the result of "self lookup: 'FETCH_HEAD'" gives not the good commit i.e. the one of the development branch (commit 0dbf86), but instead the one of "I do not what".

Thanks,

Vincent

Reply | Threaded
|

alistairgrant
In reply to this post by Vincent.Blondeau
Hi Vincent,

Every time I've seen this question asked, the answer has been to
checkout the branch that you want and then "Reload All" from the list
of packages.

Cheers,
Alistair

On 26 January 2018 at 00:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am encountering some problems with Iceberg on the latest version.
>
> I want to load the commits I just made on a branch on my Pharo fork, let's say "21124". I set the local repo to the current version of my Pharo image, i.e. the development branch (commit 0dbf86).
> Thanks to the iceberg interface, I change the current branch to "21124", there are 12 commits that are incoming.
> Then, I then do "Pull incoming commit" to load them.
> But after a few moment, instead of loading only the delta between the development branch and the "21124" one, iceberg goes further in the commit history and wants to load 174 commits... Including one that does not load.
>
> By debugging, it seems that there is a problem with LGitRepository>>fastForward:, the result of "self lookup: 'FETCH_HEAD'" gives not the good commit i.e. the one of the development branch  (commit 0dbf86), but instead the one of "I do not what".
>
> Does this issue is known? And how can I bypass it or solve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent

Reply | Threaded
|

Vincent.Blondeau
Thanks Alistair!

I'll try that. But, still, there is an issue somewhere in Iceberg.

Cheers,
Vincent

-----Original Message-----
From: Pharo-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Alistair Grant
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 0:57
To: Pharo Development List <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Iceberg Loading issue

Hi Vincent,

Every time I've seen this question asked, the answer has been to checkout the branch that you want and then "Reload All" from the list of packages.

Cheers,
Alistair

On 26 January 2018 at 00:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am encountering some problems with Iceberg on the latest version.
>
> I want to load the commits I just made on a branch on my Pharo fork, let's say "21124". I set the local repo to the current version of my Pharo image, i.e. the development branch (commit 0dbf86).
> Thanks to the iceberg interface, I change the current branch to "21124", there are 12 commits that are incoming.
> Then, I then do "Pull incoming commit" to load them.
> But after a few moment, instead of loading only the delta between the development branch and the "21124" one, iceberg goes further in the commit history and wants to load 174 commits... Including one that does not load.
>
> By debugging, it seems that there is a problem with LGitRepository>>fastForward:, the result of "self lookup: 'FETCH_HEAD'" gives not the good commit i.e. the one of the development branch  (commit 0dbf86), but instead the one of "I do not what".
>
> Does this issue is known? And how can I bypass it or solve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vincent