Iceberg Pharo6.1 on Microsoft Windows 7

Federico.Balaguer
Hello,

I am trying to help some newbies to Smalltalk to use Iceberg on Pharo6.1 on
Windows 7.
I have a VirtualBox with Windows 7, I have the PharoLauncher installed from
where I launch the Pharo 6.1 image.

I cannot clone github repositories, I get a debugger: "LGit_GIT_ERROR:
failed to get server certificate: The handle is in the wrong state for the
requested operation"

Do I have to compile libgit or libgit2 on the MSWindows virtual machine?

thanks. federico

Re: Iceberg Pharo6.1 on Microsoft Windows 7

Guillermo Polito
Hi Federico,

I don't think compiling libgit in your box will solve the problem. I think libgit is correctly compiled (otherwise you'd have another kind of error).
What you probably have is an ssh authentication error.

Could you try cloning using the https url provided by github instead?

That should generally solve your problem.

The other thing is that the version of iceberg in pharo 6 is really outdated. We will soon backport the new version, I'll keep everybody posted in this mailing list.

Otherwise, you can test latest Pharo 7, with the latest Iceberg version. The issue tracker is here:

Tx,
Guille

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Federico.Balaguer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to help some newbies to Smalltalk to use Iceberg on Pharo6.1 on
Windows 7.
I have a VirtualBox with Windows 7, I have the PharoLauncher installed from
where I launch the Pharo 6.1 image.

I cannot clone github repositories, I get a debugger: "LGit_GIT_ERROR:
failed to get server certificate: The handle is in the wrong state for the
requested operation"

Do I have to compile libgit or libgit2 on the MSWindows virtual machine?

thanks. federico

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg Pharo6.1 on Microsoft Windows 7

Ben Coman

On 2 May 2018 at 22:02, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Federico,

I don't think compiling libgit in your box will solve the problem. I think libgit is correctly compiled (otherwise you'd have another kind of error).
What you probably have is an ssh authentication error.

It would be nice if a test like the following could done, and if failed, some platform specific help information be provided - like that Windows needs "Custom" credentials.

cheers -ben