Iceberg and proxy

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello!

Iceberg don’t work behind a proxy? I have made proper proxy configuration, if I use Zinc, for example, the proxy information is used, but that don’t seems to be the case for Iceberg.

Regards,

Vitor

Re: Iceberg and proxy

EstebanLM
hi,

if you have the ssh port restricted, you need to use one that is not…but then, is not clear how it will work on server side.
can you try if you can do command line git push in your project?

Esteban

On 2 Oct 2017, at 19:57, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Iceberg don’t work behind a proxy? I have made proper proxy configuration, if I use Zinc, for example, the proxy information is used, but that don’t seems to be the case for Iceberg.

Regards,

Vito

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Vitor Medina Cruz
git push via command line works fine. When I try to pull, for example, from Iceberg it says "a connection with the server cannot be estabilished". I am using a cntlm bypass proxy with loggin on, and Iceberg is using it, but it fails while normal Zinc usage is ok.

I will try to understand better what is happening....

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

if you have the ssh port restricted, you need to use one that is not…but then, is not clear how it will work on server side.
can you try if you can do command line git push in your project?

Esteban

On 2 Oct 2017, at 19:57, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello!

Iceberg don’t work behind a proxy? I have made proper proxy configuration, if I use Zinc, for example, the proxy information is used, but that don’t seems to be the case for Iceberg.

Regards,

Vito

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Guillermo Polito
You should probably set the proxy in the Pharo settings. Pharo does not recognize the system's proxy (so far).

Could you try with that?

Guille

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Vitor Medina Cruz

Yes, I already done that. I am behind a NTLM proxy, so I set up a cntlm proxy and configured Pharo settings accordingly. It is working because I can use Zinc directly, but Iceberg cannot pull/push. I tried the same at home without a proxy and I could not pull/push either, so it probably has nothing to do with the proxy.

I will investigate more….

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:+33%206%2052%2070%2066%2013" value="+33652706613" target="_blank">+33 06 52 70 66 13

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Vitor Medina Cruz

I got to this point:

remote_fetch: remote refspecs: refspecs opts: opts reflog_message: reflog_message

 ^ self
 call:
 #(LGitReturnCodeEnum git_remote_fetch #(self , void * refspecs , LGitFetchOptions * opts , String reflog_message))

This seams like a call to a native C code. The opts has an authentication callback, which should be called, but it is not. Any leads on what I can do from here to figure out what is happening?

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Guillermo Polito
Well, LGitFetchOptions has a proxy options property of type LGitProxyOptions, and this one a property type of type LGitProxyTypeEnum. I did not try it but maybe it should look something like:

fetchOptions prim_proxy_opts prim_type: LGitProxyTypeEnum git_proxy_auto.

?

if fetchOptions is null you'll have to instantiate one. The same if a fresh fetchOptions does not have a prim_proxy_opts

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Iceberg and proxy

Vitor Medina Cruz
Thanks! I tried that but got two errors:

"MessageNotUnderstood: FFIExternalStructureReferenceHandle>>free"

"LGit_GIT_ERROR: Out of memory"

I got other errors with Iceberg that make it unusable, for example, if I try to show history -> select a changeset, the image crashes... :(

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Well, LGitFetchOptions has a proxy options property of type LGitProxyOptions, and this one a property type of type LGitProxyTypeEnum. I did not try it but maybe it should look something like:

fetchOptions prim_proxy_opts prim_type: LGitProxyTypeEnum git_proxy_auto.

?

if fetchOptions is null you'll have to instantiate one. The same if a fresh fetchOptions does not have a prim_proxy_opts

And how to do a initial copy of a remote repository, if we are behind a proxy?

@vito, who did you created the clone ? I can not clone a repository when I am behind a proxy.

[...]

No idea, Esteban???

I actually think that Iceberg should manage this. Either use the system's proxy or use Pharo's proxy...