Iceberg diff colours seem reversed?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Guys - when you launch the Synchronize window in iceberg - is it me, or are the colour highlights backwards (and possibly the ordering of the panes)?

If the left pane is my working copy, and I've added some code to a method - why does it appear in red on the left (which typically means deleted?). I notice that in IntelliJ (and other tools) your working changes are typically on the right and things you add are in Green on that right hand side.

I think that ordering and colour coding make more sense - from -> to, and red is deleted, green is added.

Of course I can live with the different pane ordering, but I think the colours might be wrong?

Tim

Tim

Re: Iceberg diff colours seem reversed?

Tim Mackinnon
I think the left to right or right to left is probably a very opinionated thing (and I think Araxis, another tool I’ve used does it the other way around).

However the colour coding is something that should properly communicate what is going on - and I’m curious if anyone else has noticed it seems to be wrong (it sounds like for you its definitely confusing).

I think there are known bugs in iceberg (not sure how much on the diff view - I also noticed that class comments don’t seem to appear in the diff and I also see spurious method categorisation differences as well).

Tim

Tim