Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Iceberg is cool!

NorbertHartl
I just got back from vacation and prepared a new image to work on the current project. Well, I upgraded iceberg to 0.6.5 and everything works like expected. I can see nicely what my colleagues have done while I was away. I can update everything easily. And most important I can do changes and then cherry pick and commit.

So even if people are complaining about missing features (they always do!) I can say that for a basic workflow (for me about 95% of my work) everything seems to be in place. So everyone should feel invited to add the missing pieces.

Well done and thank you,

Norbert

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Iceberg is cool!

Mariano Martinez Peck
Well, I am enjoying it too even if I still would need more features :)
BTW, how can I update a Pharo 6.1  that came with 0.6.2 to 0.6.5 ? Can I simply run the update script listed here [1] ?   

Thanks in advance

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just got back from vacation and prepared a new image to work on the current project. Well, I upgraded iceberg to 0.6.5 and everything works like expected. I can see nicely what my colleagues have done while I was away. I can update everything easily. And most important I can do changes and then cherry pick and commit.

So even if people are complaining about missing features (they always do!) I can say that for a basic workflow (for me about 95% of my work) everything seems to be in place. So everyone should feel invited to add the missing pieces.

Well done and thank you,

Norbert

--
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl

Am 13.12.2017 um 13:06 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

Well, I am enjoying it too even if I still would need more features :)
BTW, how can I update a Pharo 6.1  that came with 0.6.2 to 0.6.5 ? Can I simply run the update script listed here [1] ?   

I use 

<script>
MetacelloPharoPlatform select.
#(
    'BaselineOfTonel'
    'BaselineOfLibGit'
    'BaselineOfIceberg'
    'Iceberg-UI'
    'Iceberg-Plugin-GitHub'
    'Iceberg-Plugin'
    'Iceberg-Metacello-Integration'
    'Iceberg-Libgit-Tonel'
    'Iceberg-Libgit-Filetree'
    'Iceberg-Libgit'
    'Iceberg'
    'LibGit-Core'
    'MonticelloTonel-Tests'
    'MonticelloTonel-Core'
    'MonticelloTonel-FileSystem'
)
do: [ :each | (each asPackageIfAbsent: [ nil ]) ifNotNil: #removeFromSystem ].

latestRelease := ZnClient new
    contentReader: [ :entity | (STON fromString: entity contents) at: 'tag_name'   ];
    get.

Metacello new
      baseline: 'Iceberg';
      repository: '<a href="github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:',latestRelease" class="">github://pharo-vcs/iceberg:',latestRelease;
      load.
</script>

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well done and thank you,

Norbert

--

Reply | Threaded
|

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
NorbertHartl wrote
> Well done and thank you…

You broke the rule!!! We never say anything positive about Iceberg - only
complaints - because we want to keep Esteban on his toes ha ha ;)

Seriously though, it just keeps getting better and better over a very short
time…

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
|

Stephane Ducasse-3
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
I need less features and more user friendly UI :)

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just got back from vacation and prepared a new image to work on the current project. Well, I upgraded iceberg to 0.6.5 and everything works like expected. I can see nicely what my colleagues have done while I was away. I can update everything easily. And most important I can do changes and then cherry pick and commit.
>
> So even if people are complaining about missing features (they always do!) I can say that for a basic workflow (for me about 95% of my work) everything seems to be in place. So everyone should feel invited to add the missing pieces.
>
> Well done and thank you,
>
> Norbert
>

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
+1

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I need less features and more user friendly UI :)
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just got back from vacation and prepared a new image to work on the current project. Well, I upgraded iceberg to 0.6.5 and everything works like expected. I can see nicely what my colleagues have done while I was away. I can update everything easily. And most important I can do changes and then cherry pick and commit.
>>
>> So even if people are complaining about missing features (they always do!) I can say that for a basic workflow (for me about 95% of my work) everything seems to be in place. So everyone should feel invited to add the missing pieces.
>>
>> Well done and thank you,
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>