Iceberg - loading baseline

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

I have a local clone of git repository and I am looking for code that adds
this repository to Iceberg and then loads its baseline into Pharo. I am
using Pharo 6.1 (image 60510) and last stable Windows VM.

Right now I am experimenting with following code, it adds the project into
Iceberg, but does not load the baseline. The code is:

  SystemSettingsPersistence updateSettingNodes. "sets ssh key locations"

  (Smalltalk at: #IceRepositoryCreator) new
          url: '[hidden email]:bliznjan/nameofmyproject.git';
          location: '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'
asFileReference;
          subdirectory: 'filetree';
          createRepository. "this part seems to work fine"

  Metacello new baseline: 'NameOfMyProject'; repository:
'gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load. "this
one fails with exception below"

  Could not resolve: BaselineOfNameOfMyProject [BaselineOfNameOfMyProject]
in C:\Users\User\Pharo\images\TestingImage1\pharo-local\package-cache
C:\Users\User\Pharo\repo\nameofmyproject\filetree (Libgit)

Those paths seem correct - the package-cache is located in exactly that
position (but does not contain anything that relates to my project) and the
filetree (repository) in the mentioned path and there is a
BaselineOfNameOfMyProject.package directory in there.

Also, if I then try loading the baseline manually via Iceberg, by right
clicking on BaselineOfNameOfMyProject in Packages tab, I get exactly same
exception.

Thank you
Jan

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

EstebanLM

On 3 Oct 2017, at 08:47, Jan Blizničenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

I have a local clone of git repository and I am looking for code that adds
this repository to Iceberg and then loads its baseline into Pharo. I am
using Pharo 6.1 (image 60510) and last stable Windows VM.

Right now I am experimenting with following code, it adds the project into
Iceberg, but does not load the baseline. The code is:

 SystemSettingsPersistence updateSettingNodes. "sets ssh key locations"

 (Smalltalk at: #IceRepositoryCreator) new
 url: '[hidden email]:bliznjan/nameofmyproject.git';
 location: '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'
asFileReference;
 subdirectory: 'filetree';
 createRepository. "this part seems to work fine”

I think this is your error: '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree, needs to be '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject (without the filetree part, which is the subdirectory)

now, I think if you do:

Metacello new
repository: ‘<a href="gitlab://bliznjan/nameofmyproject/filetree'" class="">gitlab://bliznjan/nameofmyproject/filetree';
baseline: ‘MyProject’
load.

ir will also do what you want without the two steps.

 Metacello new baseline: 'NameOfMyProject'; repository:
'<a href="gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree" class="">gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load. "this

On 3 Oct 2017, at 11:23, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

Don't forget to enable Metacello integration in settings.

ah, yes :)
In pharo 6.1 this is a must (I keep forgetting it, heh)

Esteban

[...]

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Peter Uhnák wrote
> Don't forget to enable Metacello integration in settings.

What does this setting do? I have been plugging along without it and haven't
noticed any problems…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Peter Uhnak
You have projects A and B on git(hub).
A has a dependency on B (in its baseline of).

With integration enabled, installing A will also clone B and add B to iceberg.

Peter

Peter Uhnák wrote

Sean

On 3 Oct 2017, at 14:30, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

You have projects A and B on git(hub).
A has a dependency on B (in its baseline of).

With integration enabled, installing A will also clone B and add B to iceberg.

otherwise it will still download and install… but following the older process.

Esteban

Peter

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter Uhnák wrote
> Don't forget to enable Metacello integration in settings.

What does this setting do? I have been plugging along without it and haven't
noticed any problems…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
> otherwise it will still download and install… but following the older
> process.

IOW the projects will not be aded to Iceberg? If the shared repo setting is
enabled, will existing local clones be found and used? Does it matter if the
baseline contains e.g. github:// vs filetree://? The latter would require
finding the git root i.e. stripping any code subfolder…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Jan Blizničenko
Hello

Unfortunately removing the /filetree does not seem to change anything - I
end up with same error. If I run the code without /filetree, however, it
creates the entry in Iceberg and then I can load it manually package by
package via Iceberg GUI, but I cannot run the baseline either by this code,
or by right clicking the baseline package and selecting "Install baseline
(default)", because even that ends with the very same exception as my code
(Could not resolve:...).

When I tried your code, either with or without /filetree, it ends up with
LGit_GIT_EEOF: ERROR: Repository not found. I debugged it and found out it
tries to find [hidden email]:bliznjan/nameofmyproject.git but my project is
on gitlab, not github. The problem may lie somewhere around
IceProviderRepositoryType>>#mcRepository
which contains creation of MCGitHubRepository even for an instance of
IceGitlabRepositoryType?

Also I do have Metacello integration checked, these are my Iceberg settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/br6isyeo69z1mqe/2017-10-03.png

Jan

EstebanLM wrote
>> On 3 Oct 2017, at 08:47, Jan Blizničenko &lt;

> bliznjan@.cvut

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a local clone of git repository and I am looking for code that
>> adds
>> this repository to Iceberg and then loads its baseline into Pharo. I am
>> using Pharo 6.1 (image 60510) and last stable Windows VM.
>>
>> Right now I am experimenting with following code, it adds the project
>> into
>> Iceberg, but does not load the baseline. The code is:
>>
>>  SystemSettingsPersistence updateSettingNodes. "sets ssh key locations"
>>
>>  (Smalltalk at: #IceRepositoryCreator) new
>>  url: '

> git@

> :bliznjan/nameofmyproject.git';
>>  location: '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'
>> asFileReference;
>>  subdirectory: 'filetree';
>>  createRepository. "this part seems to work fine”
>
> I think this is your error:
> '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree, needs to be
> '/C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject (without the filetree part,
> which is the subdirectory)
>
> now, I think if you do:
>
> Metacello new
> repository: ‘gitlab://bliznjan/nameofmyproject/filetree'
> &lt;gitlab://bliznjan/nameofmyproject/filetree'&gt;;
> baseline: ‘MyProject’
> load.
>
> ir will also do what you want without the two steps.
>

>>  Metacello new baseline: 'NameOfMyProject'; repository:
>> 'gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load.
>> "this
>> one fails with exception below"

>>  Could not resolve: BaselineOfNameOfMyProject [BaselineOfNameOfMyProject]
>> in C:\Users\User\Pharo\images\TestingImage1\pharo-local\package-cache
>> C:\Users\User\Pharo\repo\nameofmyproject\filetree (Libgit)
>>
>> Those paths seem correct - the package-cache is located in exactly that
>> position (but does not contain anything that relates to my project) and
>> the
>> filetree (repository) in the mentioned path and there is a
>> BaselineOfNameOfMyProject.package directory in there.
>>
>> Also, if I then try loading the baseline manually via Iceberg, by right
>> clicking on BaselineOfNameOfMyProject in Packages tab, I get exactly same
>> exception.

>> Also,
>>
>> Thank you
>> Jan
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Jan Blizničenko
I think I got it. The correct code for me is

SystemSettingsPersistence updateSettingNodes.
Metacello new baseline: 'NameOfMyProject'; repository:
'gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load.

First line loads my stored settings that look like this for Iceberg:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/br6isyeo69z1mqe/2017-10-03.png
and the second line puts my already existing git clone in filesystem into
Iceberg and successfully loads the baseline with all dependencies. So
problem solved for me.

Esteban, your code is, I guess, for loading the code directly from GitLab
without having local clone first, into default location of Iceberg, right?
Anyway that inspired me to remove my first part of code and that was what I
needed :)

Thank you
Jan

Jan Blizničenko wrote

> [...]

>>> BaselineOfNameOfMyProject.package directory in there.
>>>
>>> Also, if I then try loading the baseline manually via Iceberg, by right
>>> clicking on BaselineOfNameOfMyProject in Packages tab, I get exactly
>>> same
>>> exception.

>>> Also,
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Jan
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from:
>>> http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html
>>>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Jan Blizničenko wrote
> ...'gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load.

Hmm, I never saw gitlocal:// before. I always use filetree://. I wonder what
the difference is…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

EstebanLM

> On 4 Oct 2017, at 16:29, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jan Blizničenko wrote
>> ...'gitlocal:///C:/Users/User/Pharo/repo/nameofmyproject/filetree'; load.
>
> Hmm, I never saw gitlocal:// before. I always use filetree://. I wonder what
> the difference is…

filetree uses filetree (old way) and it will install the project without installing an iceberg project.
gitlocal will treat repo as a local repository and it will follow “iceberg path” :)

Esteban

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Iceberg - loading baseline

Jan Blizničenko
Actually I found it in Iceberg source code :) Never seen it anywhere else
before or after.

Jan

EstebanLM wrote