Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly

Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

IMNSHO, now that Iceberg has three vendor-specific protocol (and before
as well, because of people like me who do not have github account),
Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly access in case
credentials are not present or do not allow full access to repository.

This is primarily for dependencies of Configurations and Baselines. If
any of them is github://, bitbucket:// or gitlab:// and the user happens
not to have account on those systems, he will get LGit ssh credential error.

Thoughts? ETA?

Herby

Re: Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly

EstebanLM

> On 28 Jul 2017, at 09:37, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> IMNSHO, now that Iceberg has three vendor-specific protocol (and before as well, because of people like me who do not have github account), Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly access in case credentials are not present or do not allow full access to repository.
>
> This is primarily for dependencies of Configurations and Baselines. If any of them is github://, bitbucket:// or gitlab:// and the user happens not to have account on those systems, he will get LGit ssh credential error.
>
> Thoughts? ETA?

I’m aware of this. My plan is to allow a setting to use “readonly metacello integration” instead using credentials.
and I can add other provider protocols, I just added the ones that are most used. You want more? Just ask for it :)

by the way… iceberg also supports another “provider”: “gitlocal”, where you point to a local repository (one that you already cloned), this way you can use any other provider (but you need to clone from outside first).

Esteban

> Herby

Re: Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly

EstebanLM

> On 29 Jul 2017, at 10:16, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 28 Jul 2017, at 09:37, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> IMNSHO, now that Iceberg has three vendor-specific protocol (and before as well, because of people like me who do not have github account), Iceberg needs to gracefully revert to readonly access in case credentials are not present or do not allow full access to repository.
>>
>> This is primarily for dependencies of Configurations and Baselines. If any of them is github://, bitbucket:// or gitlab:// and the user happens not to have account on those systems, he will get LGit ssh credential error.
>>
>> Thoughts? ETA?
>
> I’m aware of this. My plan is to allow a setting to use “readonly metacello integration” instead using credentials.
> and I can add other provider protocols, I just added the ones that are most used. You want more? Just ask for it :)
>
> by the way… iceberg also supports another “provider”: “gitlocal”, where you point to a local repository (one that you already cloned), this way you can use any other provider (but you need to clone from outside first).
>
> Esteban

forget to clarify: this is my plan but I have no immediate ETA (I’m on holidays right now). All I can say is: soon(™) :P