Iceberg operations overview

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

during brainstorming of the Iceberg UI simplification we created a document that shows what the current Iceberg operations do. It should help you to clarify the role of the working copy etc.

See the attachment.

Note: merge uses the reference commit of the loaded version as the base.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Iceberg.pdf (34K) Download Attachment

-- Pavel

Re: Iceberg operations overview

CyrilFerlicot
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during brainstorming of the Iceberg UI simplification we created a document
> that shows what the current Iceberg operations do. It should help you to
> clarify the role of the working copy etc.
>
> See the attachment.

Great! Can this be added to Iceberg's README on github?

Thanks!

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Iceberg operations overview

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 22-11-17 09:33, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> during brainstorming of the Iceberg UI simplification we created a
> document that shows what the current Iceberg operations do. It should
> help you to clarify the role of the working copy etc.

Thanks, that is helpful. From the discussions on discord and here I get
the impression that we're not at all aligned on what is actually
expected, needed and provided. Without the scenarios that need to be
supported, there is no way to decide on how to simplify the UI. From the
discussions I get that some integration with Metacello (and/or Cargo)
will be needed too. I would like to avoid the problems we earlier had
with Komitter. Can we discuss the scenario's (through personas) here first?

Cheers,
   Stephan