Icons

Ian Bartholomew-20
I was just looking back through the earlier toolbar icon debate and
nobody seems to have mentioned the ones that keep catching me?.  The
Icons for "Show Transcript", "Open IdeaSpace" and possibly "Open
Workspace" look to me like they are always disabled, probably because
they have no (or not much) colour in them.  The "Show Transcript" one in
particular always makes me pause as my eye skips over it when searching
the toolbar.

Ian

Re: Icons

Andy Bower-3
Ian,

> I was just looking back through the earlier toolbar icon debate and
> nobody seems to have mentioned the ones that keep catching me?.  The
> Icons for "Show Transcript", "Open IdeaSpace" and possibly "Open
> Workspace" look to me like they are always disabled, probably because
> they have no (or not much) colour in them.  The "Show Transcript" one
> in particular always makes me pause as my eye skips over it when
> searching the toolbar.

The current plan is to revist the following icons, if we have time:

IdeaSpace
Workspace
System Browser
Class Browser
Transcript
CompiledMethods

The main reason will be to improve their appearence in the toolbars
rather than in the System Folder.

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Icons

Chris Uppal-3
Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> I was just looking back through the earlier toolbar icon debate and
> nobody seems to have mentioned the ones that keep catching me?.  The
> Icons for "Show Transcript", "Open IdeaSpace" and possibly "Open
> Workspace" look to me like they are always disabled, probably because
> they have no (or not much) colour in them.  The "Show Transcript" one in
> particular always makes me pause as my eye skips over it when searching
> the toolbar.

Me too.  I was trying (or rather, failing) to find the courage to say so...

    -- chris

Ted

Re: Icons

Ted
Andy Bower wrote:

> The current plan is to revist the following icons, if we have time:
>
> IdeaSpace
> Workspace
> System Browser
> Class Browser
> Transcript
> CompiledMethods
>
> The main reason will be to improve their appearence in the toolbars
> rather than in the System Folder.

Much has been said about the new look so I thought I'll throw some
positive remarks in. One of my mates has the D5VE and I gave him a quick
overview of 'what's new in D6'. He was utterly impressed and very
complimentary about the new look. In his opinion the D5 look is a bit
too playful and the D6 look very professional. (he's saving up for the
D6 Pro version now :-))

Compliments to Andy and Blair!

Ted