IdeaSpace suggestion

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Hi,

It could be very useful if you attach/detach a window from/to an
existent IdeaSpace.

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Esteban A. Maringolo escribió:
> Hi,
>
> It could be very useful if you attach/detach a window from/to an
> existent IdeaSpace.

ERRATA: If you _could_ attach/detach...

And also I want to suggest that having the possibility to close a flap
of IdeaSpace right from there, double clicking on it or enabling some
button right on the flap would be very convenient.

Regards again,

--
Esteban.

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Blair McGlashan-4
"Esteban A. Maringolo" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...

> Esteban A. Maringolo escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It could be very useful if you attach/detach a window from/to an existent
>> IdeaSpace.
>
> ERRATA: If you _could_ attach/detach...
>
> And also I want to suggest that having the possibility to close a flap of
> IdeaSpace right from there, double clicking on it or enabling some button
> right on the flap would be very convenient.

Thanks for the suggestions. The attach/detach functionality was originally
planned, but had to be cut as there were too many problems implementing it.
We may revisit in future.

In the next patch level a middle button click will close a tab, as in many
other tabbed environments.

Regards

Blair

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Udo Schneider
Blair McGlashan wrote:
> In the next patch level a middle button click will close a tab, as in many
> other tabbed environments.
Could you add Tab Closing via Ctrl+W and Type cynling via Ctrl+TAB by
default as well, please?

CU,

Udo

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Blair McGlashan-4
"Udo Schneider" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Blair McGlashan wrote:
>> In the next patch level a middle button click will close a tab, as in
>> many other tabbed environments.
> Could you add Tab Closing via Ctrl+W and Type cynling via Ctrl+TAB by
> default as well, please?

Unfortunately not, prior usage. See Help/Key Bindings in a browser, and
TextEdit>>preTranslateKeyboardInput:. I wish we'd never done the latter, but
its been there since the very early releases.

Regards

Blair

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Udo Schneider
Blair McGlashan wrote:
> "Udo Schneider" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>Could you add Tab Closing via Ctrl+W and Type cynling via Ctrl+TAB by
>>default as well, please?
>>
> Unfortunately not, prior usage. See Help/Key Bindings in a browser, and
> TextEdit>>preTranslateKeyboardInput:. I wish we'd never done the latter, but
> its been there since the very early releases.

I hacked a "solution" for the beta but this didn't work in the official
release and I never got the time to investigate why not.

I think Tab Cycling isn't that importan (you can use Alt+Left/Right
anyway). But a shortcut to close the current Tab (what about Ctrl+F4?)
by keystroke ... I didn't find this yet in the base image.

CU,

Udo

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Blair McGlashan-4
"Udo Schneider" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Blair McGlashan wrote:
>> "Udo Schneider" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>>Could you add Tab Closing via Ctrl+W and Type cynling via Ctrl+TAB by
>>>default as well, please?
>>>
>> Unfortunately not, prior usage. See Help/Key Bindings in a browser, and
>> TextEdit>>preTranslateKeyboardInput:. I wish we'd never done the latter,
>> but its been there since the very early releases.
>
> I hacked a "solution" for the beta but this didn't work in the official
> release and I never got the time to investigate why not.
>
> I think Tab Cycling isn't that importan (you can use Alt+Left/Right
> anyway). But a shortcut to close the current Tab (what about Ctrl+F4?) by
> keystroke ... I didn't find this yet in the base image.

Yes, certainly we could use that, and I'd prefer that as a choice anyway
since it is consistent with the old MDI command for doing the equivalent
operation.

Regards

Blair

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

smartsupport2006
You can try this EnergyKey
http://www30.webSamba.com/SmartStudio
This may be help you.
Now I always use EnergyKey, it helps me so much in my work.

Re: IdeaSpace suggestion

Chris Uppal-3
Everyone:

[hidden email] wrote:
> You can try this EnergyKey
> http://xxxxxxx/SmartStudio
> This may be help you.
> Now I always use EnergyKey, it helps me so much in my work.

Just a spammer.  Not relevant to the question.  Don't waste time following it.

    -- chris