IdeaSpace weirdness

Stefan Schmiedl
This happens in D 6.02 Pro:
- Create a new IdeaSpace
- Hit Alt+F to open the File menu in the empty IS ... does not work
- Hit Alt, then F... file menu opens in the empty IS window
- Hit Esc to close it again
- Hit Alt+F to open the File menu ... does not work
- Open any tool inside the IdeaSpace
- Hit Alt+F to open the File menu ... works
- Hit Esc to close it
- Close the embedded tool
- Hit Alt+F to open the File menu in the (once again) empty IS ...
works

s.

Re: IdeaSpace weirdness

Blair McGlashan-3
"Stefan Schmiedl" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> This happens in D 6.02 Pro:
> - Create a new IdeaSpace
> - Hit Alt+F to open the File menu in the empty IS ... does not work
> - Hit Alt, then F... file menu opens in the empty IS window
> - Hit Esc to close it again
> - Hit Alt+F to open the File menu ... does not work
> - Open any tool inside the IdeaSpace
> - Hit Alt+F to open the File menu ... works
> - Hit Esc to close it
> - Close the embedded tool
> - Hit Alt+F to open the File menu in the (once again) empty IS ...
> works

Stefan, yes this is a known problem. The menu shortcut keys will not work
until focus has been set to one a child windows of the idea space, either by
clicking in the search field, or by opening a tool. It is probably just a
failure to set the initial focus when the ideaspace shell is opened, but
since it is only a minor inconvenience we haven't got around to looking at
it yet.

Regards

Blair