IdeaSpaces...

Mark Derricutt-4
Love the look of the spaces ( from the video Andy posted ).  The syntax
completion looks very nice as well.

Looking forward to trying this out...

Roll on the sea creatures...

Re: IdeaSpaces...

Andy Bower-3
Mark,

> Love the look of the spaces ( from the video Andy posted ).

Thanks. A number of people have commented on the size of the card tabs.
The idea behind making them larger than the standard ones was to make
them stand out from the typical tabs used within each card. Otherwise,
certainly for beginners, I would think that the plethora of tabs in a
couple of System Browsers within the IdeaSpace (IS) would be rather
overwhelming.

In any case, Blair agrees with those of you who think the tabs are too
big. Part of the effect in the video will be the window size is limited
to 800x600 thus making them look disproportionately. However, we'll
probably reduce the icons from 32x32 to 24x24 but that will mean that
any 3rd party tools that make use of the IS will have to be supplied
with 24x24 icon renditions to look okay. Personally, I actually quite
like the existing sizes but then I am using three 1600x1200 screens so
the screen space isn't really an issue!

The standard Windows tab control is rather lacking in its features,
i.e. it is doesn't draw correctly in anything other than it's normal
rotation and one can't change the background colour at all. We've
already put some work in to get around these issues and come up with a
TabViewXP subclass. Perhaps we can make use of this to make the IS
cards stand out a bit more.

> The syntax completion looks very nice as well.

If I have a "moment" (the last one took an entire day) I'll try and put
together a video of the auto-completion features. I haven't actually
tried auto-completion in any other ST yet(presumably VW does something
similar now?) but we are pretty pleased with the new Dolphin
implementation.  Certainly, I was able to give a demo the other week
where I developed an entire Class from scratch without the audience
dying from boredom. Normally, with my typing, this would be a fraught
venture but the auto-completion sped things along nicely (especially
while coding in the debugger where additional context is available so
the auto-completion matching is much tighter).

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Ted

Re: IdeaSpaces...

Ted
Video? Which video? Is that available to the beta group?

Regards,

Ted

"Mark Derricutt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Love the look of the spaces ( from the video Andy posted ).  The syntax
> completion looks very nice as well.
>
> Looking forward to trying this out...
>
> Roll on the sea creatures...

Re: IdeaSpaces...

Andy Bower-3
Ted,

> Video? Which video? Is that available to the beta group?

I posted this link to the normal Dolphin group a couple of days ago.

http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/6.0/intros/ideaspaceintro.htm

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Ted

Re: IdeaSpaces...

Ted
Sorry, I missed that message.

Looks very good, have had problems with too many windows open myself indeed,
especially on a laptop with limited resolution. The Ideaspace should allow
to keep those windows better organised.

Good bit of marketing - sure everybody wants D6 now :-)

Looking forward to the beta version.

Regards,

Ted

news:[hidden email]...