Iliad questions and comments

Eli Green-3
Hi,

I have some thoughts after a few days of playing with Iliad:

1. I was thinking of making a GNU Star package loader for Squeak with
the option of transforming classes based on their namespace. Wouldn't
this make importing new versions of Iliad simpler? Or are there more
complicated compatibility issues than simply namespaces?

2. I have found that under Squeak / Pharo, error conditions were never
returning anything to the browser, nor were they alerting me inside
the Squeak environment. This turned out to be a much more useful
version of ILErrorHandler>>produceDebugResponse:

produceDebugResponse
        self halt
        ^self produceVerboseResponse

It is still slightly annoying that the debug window that pops up has a
dozen items before the real source of the error. I'm sure there's some
way to fix this but I am a complete smalltalk newbie.

3. It's great.

Eli

Re: Iliad questions and comments

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 11 octobre 2009 à 16:47 +0200, Eli Green a écrit :
> I have found that under Squeak / Pharo, error conditions were never
> returning anything to the browser, nor were they alerting me inside
> the Squeak environment. This turned out to be a much more useful
> version of ILErrorHandler>>produceDebugResponse:
>
> produceDebugResponse
>         self halt

It should be fixed in the latest git/monticello version.

Cheers!

Nico