Image pops up quit dialog upon start

Karl Ramberg
When I start the image and click anywhere the quit dialog appears and I can not escape it.

Squeak5.1beta-16395-64bit-r201608051639-Windows

I quit the image by clicking the window close ( X ) button.

If I delete the dialog with halo handle it will still pop up again on next click.

Best,
Karl

Re: Image pops up quit dialog upon start

marcel.taeumel
Karl Ramberg wrote
When I start the image and click anywhere the quit dialog appears and I can
not escape it.

Squeak5.1beta-16395-64bit-r201608051639-Windows

I quit the image by clicking the window close ( X ) button.

If I delete the dialog with halo handle it will still pop up again on next
click.

Best,
Karl
Hi Karl,

I cannot reproduce that behavior on my Windows 10 machine (Version 1607).

Note that all 64-bit builds are experimental for you to try out only. The underlying VMs might behave bogus, especially for Windows, this is the first attempt to have at least the StackVM (no JIT) working in 64-bit mode. Thanks Nicolas for this!

While you might be more lucky on other platforms and experience no bugs at all, we will only release Squeak 5.1 in 32-bit as stable, while 64-bit will be experimental. We will update squeak.org accordingly.

Best,
Marcel