Image recovery problem - help needed.

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Hi all,

I was having fun with pharo and sudenly the environvent started to stuck.
Then I saved an quit.

Now when I start pharo again it starts to get stuck (slower and slower) very quick.
What can I do to recover the image?
What can I do to get my work out of the image?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Juan.

Re: Image recovery problem - help needed.

EstebanLM
.. you mostly sure have an infinite loop somewhere there.
best way to overcome that is to start pressing cmd+. (alt+. in windows, I think) like crazy as soon as you start your image, so you will get a debugger with the process interrupted.

best,
Esteban

On May 6, 2012, at 2:40 AM, Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was having fun with pharo and sudenly the environvent started to stuck.
> Then I saved an quit.
>
> Now when I start pharo again it starts to get stuck (slower and slower) very quick.
> What can I do to recover the image?
> What can I do to get my work out of the image?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards,
> Juan.

Re: Image recovery problem - help needed.

Guillermo Polito
Other possibility is to start a new image and with the File Browser(you will find it in tools) open the .changes of the old image to explore your changes (with the recent changes button).  That way you will be able to explore your changes and recover most of them in a clean image.

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
.. you mostly sure have an infinite loop somewhere there.
best way to overcome that is to start pressing cmd+. (alt+. in windows, I think) like crazy as soon as you start your image, so you will get a debugger with the process interrupted.

best,
Esteban

On May 6, 2012, at 2:40 AM, Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was having fun with pharo and sudenly the environvent started to stuck.
> Then I saved an quit.
>
> Now when I start pharo again it starts to get stuck (slower and slower) very quick.
> What can I do to recover the image?
> What can I do to get my work out of the image?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards,
> Juan.

Re: Image recovery problem - help needed.

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
Thanks for the help. I used the cmd + . technique and then i could save my changes to the monticello repo. And then I loaded them into the new image, so the bigest problem is solved.

In the old image im still unable to get the problem solved,

I did Process allInstances size and got 3680 and increasing

The very most of the process  are "Process in MorphicUIManager>>openDebuggerOn:context:label:contents:fullView: "

I will try to recover it just for fun.

Regards,
Juan