Image size of 2.0...

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

With Esteban we checked a bit image size.

The download of 2.0 now has ca. 30MB, which is large.

But:

        -> Delete Monticello history
        -> Unload Scroptloader
        -> do #cleanUpForRelease

Result: 15.4MB, with all tests, NativeBoost, RB...

This is not too bad!

        Marcus

Re: Image size of 2.0...

Camillo Bruni-3
that's nice cause the whole information for Monticello and the ScriptLoader
could be retrieved online on demand!

On 2013-01-24, at 16:09, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Esteban we checked a bit image size.
>
> The download of 2.0 now has ca. 30MB, which is large.
>
> But:
>
> -> Delete Monticello history
> -> Unload Scroptloader
> -> do #cleanUpForRelease
>
> Result: 15.4MB, with all tests, NativeBoost, RB...
>
> This is not too bad!
>
> Marcus

Re: Image size of 2.0...

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
The download of 2.0 now has ca. 30MB, which is large.

But... 15.4MB
I am in awe that I can download the closest thing the world has ever come to dynabook software in 20 seconds on my home internet. This is truly an exciting time to be alive!!

Cheers,
Sean

p.s. 10 seconds for 15MB is even nicer... what will I do with the time ;)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Image size of 2.0...

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 24 Jan 2013, at 18:57, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>> The download of 2.0 now has ca. 30MB, which is large.
>>
>> But... 15.4MB
>
> I am in awe that I can download the closest thing the world has ever come to
> dynabook software in 20 seconds on my home internet. This is truly an
> exciting time to be alive!!
>
> Cheers,
> Sean
>
> p.s. 10 seconds for 15MB is even nicer... what will I do with the time ;)

Fix Pharo bugs ?

;-)

Sven

--