Image startup classe(s) ?

jamesl
I'm interested in which classes are part of the startup/bootup of the Pharo Image.
What classes get called first to bring all the other items online, like the workspace?

Rgs, James.

Re: Image startup classe(s) ?

melkyades
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I think you should see SmalltalkImage>>snapshot:andQuit:embedded:. This method get's called when saving the image. And when loading an image, the VM starts from the middle of it, just after the line that sends primitiveSnapshot. Also you can inspect SmalltalkImage's StartUpList class var. All classes in that collection are sent the message startUp: via processStartUpList: method. Hope it helps.

Regards,
             Javier.

2010/8/5 James Ladd <[hidden email]>
I'm interested in which classes are part of the startup/bootup of the Pharo Image.
What classes get called first to bring all the other items online, like the workspace?

Rgs, James.

Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: Image startup classe(s) ?

there is a difference between startup and bootstrap.
if you have a working image and you want to launch it.
Easy look at the mail of javier
else then look at the C part of GNU smalltalk and how you have to make sure
that you have chicken before an egg. We are starting to work on that for pharo.
but just starting.

Stef