ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a thumbnail view?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Patrick Collison
On 30/08/2007, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a thumbnail
> view?

Why use ImageMagick when Squeak has far better image manipulation
capabilities built-in?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Conrad Taylor
Hi Patrick, could you tell me how to access this functionality?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

On 8/30/07, Patrick Collison <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 30/08/2007, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a thumbnail
> view?

Why use ImageMagick when Squeak has far better image manipulation
capabilities built-in?

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Adrian Lienhard
Stefan has built a nice wrapper for ImageMagick (search the archives
of the squeak-dev mailing list for
Smagick).

For our needs, the ImageMagick image manipulation is far better than
the one of Squeak, but this certainly depends on what you need them for.

Adrian

On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:14 , Conrad Taylor wrote:

> Hi Patrick, could you tell me how to access this functionality?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad
>
> On 8/30/07, Patrick Collison < [hidden email]> wrote:On
> 30/08/2007, Conrad Taylor < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a
> thumbnail
> > view?
>
> Why use ImageMagick when Squeak has far better image manipulation
> capabilities built-in?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > -Conrad

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, is there an ImageMagick for VW Smalltalk?  At this time, I haven't found anything promising via Google.

Thanks,

-Conrad

On 8/30/07, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stefan has built a nice wrapper for ImageMagick (search the archives
of the squeak-dev mailing list for
Smagick).

For our needs, the ImageMagick image manipulation is far better than
the one of Squeak, but this certainly depends on what you need them for.

Adrian

On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:14 , Conrad Taylor wrote:

> Hi Patrick, could you tell me how to access this functionality?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad
>
> On 8/30/07, Patrick Collison < [hidden email]> wrote:On

> 30/08/2007, Conrad Taylor < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a
> thumbnail
> > view?
>
> Why use ImageMagick when Squeak has far better image manipulation
> capabilities built-in?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > -Conrad

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

NorbertHartl

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 01:01 -0700, Patrick Collison wrote:
> On 30/08/2007, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, is there support for ImageMagick in Seaside for generating a thumbnail
> > view?
>
> Why use ImageMagick when Squeak has far better image manipulation
> capabilities built-in?

You can support more image formats and other stuff like
CMYK colorspace....

I plan to use SMagick as well. I'll take uploaded images
and convert it with SMagick to some format squeak can
handle. After that you can benefit from the "better" image
manipulation capabilities.

Norbert

RE: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Sebastian Sastre-2
Seems that IM also has a resize that matches photoshop. That's a good one.
I'm using for storing uploaded images in a cheap way and at the same time
process a coulple of touches in styling them. I've found Image Magick a very
nice piece of work that is used very frinendly with Smagick,

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Hi, is there an Smagick that works in the Unix world?

Thanks,

-Conrad

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 15:13 -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:
> Hi, is there an Smagick that works in the Unix world?

I'm not sure what you mean. But ImageMagick is rooted
in the unix world. I can tell that Smagick is working well
under linux. Smagick just has some issues when being
run under windows.

Norbert

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

Conrad Taylor
Does Smagick work with VW Smalltak?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 15:13 -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:
>> Hi, is there an Smagick that works in the Unix world?
>>
> I'm not sure what you mean. But ImageMagick is rooted
> in the unix world. I can tell that Smagick is working well
> under linux. Smagick just has some issues when being
> run under windows.
>
> Norbert

Re: ImageMagick support in Seaside/Smalltalk?

stefan.reichhart@gmx.ch
Hi,

Smagick should work very well on Unix and MacOSX - at least I haven't
encountered any problems. So far there are some issues on windows
platforms as the implementation of OSProcess cannot handle the
commands on this platform (work in progress). I don't know about
VW ... but it should be straight forward to make Smagick work in VW ...