"ImagePresenter.Static bitmap" missing

Joseph Frippiat
In the View Toolbox of the View Composer there is no
"ImagePresenter.Static bitmap" there is only an "ImagePresenter.Static
icon".

Joseph

pax

Re: "ImagePresenter.Static bitmap" missing

pax
Joseph,

StaticBitmap is still in the list, just not by the name of
StaticBitmap. Its under the following:

ImagePresenter.Default view...

Double click on it and you will see that it holds a StaticBitmap.

Pax wrote:

> Joseph,
>
> StaticBitmap is still in the list, just not by the name of
> StaticBitmap. Its under the following:
>
> ImagePresenter.Default view...
>
> Double click on it and you will see that it holds a StaticBitmap.
>
> Pax

Pax,

To display my bitmaps, I was using "ImagePresenter.Basic image" and this
one doesn't display its content in the View Composer ...

Thanks

Joseph

pax

Re: "ImagePresenter.Static bitmap" missing

pax
Joseph,

I have noticed this as well and its somewhat annoying to place images
on a view in the View Composer and not be able to see how things
actually look. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with
how the VC works with a shadow of the real view (hidden) and how
messages are being intercepted by the VC.

If this is the case, you might consider switching to StaticBitmap. I
use this in conjunction with ImagePresenter.Default view. Initially,
the images do not get rendered in the VC, but I edit the value aspect
which contains DIBSection and change it to OLEPicture. OLEPicture will
render your images/graphics rendered within the VC on your view(s). I
use jpeg files as they have a smaller footprint and load much faster.

One drawback is that you will lose the view mode properties for normal,
centered, scale and scale to fit. I get around this by designing my
graphics/artwork with appropriate art tools.

Hope this helps...

Pax

Re: "ImagePresenter.Static bitmap" missing

Blair McGlashan-4
"Joseph Frippiat" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:449915f0$0$10454$[hidden email]...

> Pax wrote:
>
>> Joseph,
>>
>> StaticBitmap is still in the list, just not by the name of
>> StaticBitmap. Its under the following:
>>
>> ImagePresenter.Default view...
>>
>> Double click on it and you will see that it holds a StaticBitmap.
>>
>> Pax
>>
> Pax,
>
> To display my bitmaps, I was using "ImagePresenter.Basic image" and this
> one doesn't display its content in the View Composer ...

This is a bug. To fix it just copy down (using drag&drop) the method
View>>wmPrintClient:wParam:lParam: from View to ImageView.

Thanks

Blair