Implementers code pane undo goes too far

Implementers code pane undo goes too far

Ben Coman
I hit some strange behaviour...

Setup...
1. In playground, type... green
2. Open implementers on it
3. Select the second line "Color class(defaults)    green"
4. Click in the code pane
    Observe that "green" is pre-selected and the cursor is flashing at
end of first line
5. Start typing... self halt.
    Observe the method name is overwritten

Problem...
6. Hit CTRL-Z three times.
    Observe the instance side #green is displayed rather than the class side.

Auxiliary...
Now save it and work out how to get out of the mess
(pretending you didn't notice what had happened)

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19972/Implementers-code-pane-undo-goes-too-far

cheers -ben

Re: Implementers code pane undo goes too far

Ben Coman
This issue was introduced into build 50245 [1].  If no one has noticed
before, its not critical for Pharo 6 (unless it exposes something that
may bite others more widely.)

Can reproduce by loading slice for Case 15774 on top of build 50244.
"Make Spec using RubPluggableTextMorph instead of PluggableTextMorph "

[1] http://forum.world.st/pharo-project-pharo-core-03b7d7-50245-td4843802.html

cheers -ben

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hit some strange behaviour...
>
> Setup...
> 1. In playground, type... green
> 2. Open implementers on it
> 3. Select the second line "Color class(defaults)    green"
> 4. Click in the code pane
>     Observe that "green" is pre-selected and the cursor is flashing at
> end of first line
> 5. Start typing... self halt.
>     Observe the method name is overwritten
>
> Problem...
> 6. Hit CTRL-Z three times.
>     Observe the instance side #green is displayed rather than the class side.
>
> Auxiliary...
> Now save it and work out how to get out of the mess
> (pretending you didn't notice what had happened)
>
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19972/Implementers-code-pane-undo-goes-too-far
>
> cheers -ben

Re: Implementers code pane undo goes too far

Nicolai Hess-3-2

This issue was introduced into build 50245 [1].  If no one has noticed
before, its not critical for Pharo 6 (unless it exposes something that
may bite others more widely.)

As far as I remember, there were a couple of issues (maybe autoclosed) related to rubrics undo-behavior.
17601 bad undo behavior after discard changes

Some are fixed by a workaround (unset #hasUnacceptedEdits when new code is loaded).