Importing and exporting packages with Fuel [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Importing and exporting packages with Fuel [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Mariano Martinez Peck
Well...Martin and I have been working a little bit this week and here is a post explaining it: http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/importing-and-exporting-packages-with-fuel/

Cheers

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23 Sep 2011, at 11:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Cool Martin. Now I could do it as well. I have exported the groups 'Core', 'Tests' and 'Zinc-Seaside'.
> Then I materialize it a clean image and all tests (1567) are green. And it only takes 7 seconds :)

Great !

I want to try this myself soon.

Sven

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Importing and exporting packages with Fuel

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 24 Sep 2011, at 21:01, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Well...Martin and I have been working a little bit this week and here is a post explaining it:http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/importing-and-exporting-packages-with-fuel/

I read it, and I like it!

I am a little short on time, but I absolutely will try this myself: it's so fast that I have to see this for myself ;-)

Thanks a lot for all this effort, the code writing and the communication.

Now I understand why you got the award.

Sven

Re: Importing and exporting packages with Fuel [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well...Martin and I have been working a little bit this week and here is a post explaining it: http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/importing-and-exporting-packages-with-fuel/

Well...I have just tried with Fuel 1.8 (will be released soon) but with a nice experiment: we also store source code in CompiledMethods :)
So...the files increased like 50% (because of the source code), but the good news is that now we can load and have the sources as well. The load process took me now 14 seconds rather than 7. This is because of the source code but also because in this last version we also do system notifications of class creations, etc...

Cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com