Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

abergel
Hi!

The Glamour presentation of Roassal has several improvement. Check the following video, it summarizes all:
https://vimeo.com/145561301

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

stepharo
Alex

you should change the font size when you do a video.
This is really important. use at least 14 for the code.

Stef

Le 12/11/15 21:53, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> The Glamour presentation of Roassal has several improvement. Check the following video, it summarizes all:
> https://vimeo.com/145561301
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

stepharo
Cool now I have some suggestions:

  - First we should be able to disable it or to enable it
  - you want different zoom policy
      - for example you want that the script execution use or not the
previous zoom ratio
             when you zoom manually on a piece you do not want to get
the next interaction or execution to change the zoom
     - you can have one that fits the entire visualisation on the screen
     - you can have one that fits a percentage

Le 12/11/15 21:53, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> The Glamour presentation of Roassal has several improvement. Check the following video, it summarizes all:
> https://vimeo.com/145561301
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

kilon.alios
well done Alexander. As a matter of fact, playground and inspector could use some Roassal to illustrate Object structure and dependencies, class inheritance etc I am kinda suprised that Roassal is not included with the Pharo image, looks to me like something Pharo could easily take great advantage of to extend its visual coding style.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:30 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool now I have some suggestions:

  - First we should be able to disable it or to enable it
  - you want different zoom policy
      - for example you want that the script execution use or not the
previous zoom ratio
             when you zoom manually on a piece you do not want to get
the next interaction or execution to change the zoom
     - you can have one that fits the entire visualisation on the screen
     - you can have one that fits a percentage

Le 12/11/15 21:53, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> The Glamour presentation of Roassal has several improvement. Check the following video, it summarizes all:
> https://vimeo.com/145561301
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

Peter Uhnak

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
well done Alexander. As a matter of fact, playground and inspector could use some Roassal to illustrate Object structure and dependencies, class inheritance etc I am kinda suprised that Roassal is not included with the Pharo image, looks to me like something Pharo could easily take great advantage of to extend its visual coding style.

That's what the whole Moose platform is for. No need to push it to Pharo by default (not to mention that Roassal is quite big package). For dependencies you have also dependency analyzer in Pharo.

Peter

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

Stephan Eggermont-3
Nice.

On 12/11/15 23:51, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> I am kinda suprised that Roassal is not included with the Pharo image,
> looks to me like something Pharo could easily take great advantage of
> to extend its visual coding style.

There are two opposing forces at work here: In the development
environment we want very rich tools. In production, we want to be able
to work with as little baggage as possible. So Pharo is moving towards
as much externally loadable code as possible, getting to a pharo-kernel.
When the tools are able to support remote editing and debugging, we can
have many pharo-kernel images controlled by one big development
environment.

Stephan

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

stepharo
We need to have a process and tools to manage changes to external
package without pain.
This is not easy to manage the system with subsystems managed as
independent projects.
We asked an engineer to work on that since 3 years. And one day it will
happen.

Stef

>> I am kinda suprised that Roassal is not included with the Pharo
>> image, looks to me like something Pharo could easily take great
>> advantage of to extend its visual coding style.
>>
> There are two opposing forces at work here: In the development
> environment we want very rich tools. In production, we want to be able
> to work with as little baggage as possible. So Pharo is moving towards
> as much externally loadable code as possible, getting to a
> pharo-kernel. When the tools are able to support remote editing and
> debugging, we can have many pharo-kernel images controlled by one big
> development environment.
>
> Stephan

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

abergel
> - First we should be able to disable it or to enable it

Yes. Due to some limitation of GTInspector, it cannot be enabled using a menu UI. Instead, one need to provide an interaction. For example:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
b := RTMondrian new.
b nodes: (1 to: 100).
b layout grid.
b view @ RTEmptyViewContextInteraction.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
This disable the automatic camera adjustment.

> - you want different zoom policy
>     - for example you want that the script execution use or not the previous zoom ratio
>            when you zoom manually on a piece you do not want to get the next interaction or execution to change the zoom
>    - you can have one that fits the entire visualisation on the screen
>    - you can have one that fits a percentage

Yes, currently, if the canvas is large (i.e., width + height > 4000 pixels), then the automatic camera adjustment is not enabled.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> Le 12/11/15 21:53, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> The Glamour presentation of Roassal has several improvement. Check the following video, it summarizes all:
>> https://vimeo.com/145561301
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

Stephan Eggermont-3

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 16 nov. 2015 om 17:38 heeft Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

> Yes, currently, if the canvas is large (i.e., width + height > 4000 pixels), then the automatic camera adjustment is not enabled.

Hmm, that is less than full screen. Does it adapt to world size?

Stephan

Re: Improvement of Glamour-Roassal

abergel
> Hmm, that is less than full screen. Does it adapt to world size?

Not now. But any idea how? What would be a descent boolean expression that says whether we should zoom to fit or not

Alexandre