Improvement on DistributionMap

Anne Etien
Hi,

I find how to easily do one Distribution map from elements.
However, as you can see, it is not very beautiful.

- Is there an easy way to get legend on distribution map? Here each color corresponds to an author, but if I don’t say it to you you can’t invent it.
- the labels are too long, there are the result of element printString and not of element mooseName. How can I change that?
- I would also like to be able to inspect each element when clicking on it. But once again, since DistributionMap doesn’t inherit from any Roassal element, I don’t know how to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Anne

Re: Improvement on DistributionMap

Anne Etien
Hi,

By the way, I did it ;o)
I added a legend on the distribution map and enhanced the layout.

Anne
Le 31 oct. 2017 à 18:00, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I find how to easily do one Distribution map from elements.
> However, as you can see, it is not very beautiful.
>
> - Is there an easy way to get legend on distribution map? Here each color corresponds to an author, but if I don’t say it to you you can’t invent it.
> - the labels are too long, there are the result of element printString and not of element mooseName. How can I change that?
> - I would also like to be able to inspect each element when clicking on it. But once again, since DistributionMap doesn’t inherit from any Roassal element, I don’t know how to do it.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Anne
>
> <Capture d’écran 2017-10-31 à 17.43.15.png>

Re: Improvement on DistributionMap

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello anne

there is a package called kontraktor or contraktor that compact string based on the frequency of letter
the more frequent the less important.

stef

On 8 Nov 2017, at 07:29, Anne Etien <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16