Improving comments cool action

stepharo
Hi guys

I would like to see how we could build a concerted action to improve the
class and method comments in Pharo.

Now we have package comments :) so we should take also advantage of them.

I would love that a newbie is highlithed by class comments.

So I would like to start to comment key core classes.

I'm sure that if we all spend 30 min per week we can really have a huge
impact.

I was planning to start with collection classes.

Now let me know if you want to help.

Re: Improving comments cool action

Julien Delplanque
Hello,

I may be able to help, it already happens to me to see a
comment that I could improve but I don't take the time...

If someone wants to help, how can he publish his modifications?
Do he needs to open an issue and suggest a slice directly?

Regards,

Julien

Le 20/11/16 à 17:36, Julien Delplanque a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I may be able to help, it already happens to me to see a
> comment that I could improve but I don't take the time...
Thanks this is important.

> If someone wants to help, how can he publish his modifications?
> Do he needs to open an issue and suggest a slice directly?
Yes

> Regards,
>
> Julien
>
> On 20/11/16 17:26, stepharo wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like to see how we could build a concerted action to improve
>> the class and method comments in Pharo.
>>
>> Now we have package comments :) so we should take also advantage of
>> them.
>>
>> I would love that a newbie is highlithed by class comments.
>>
>> So I would like to start to comment key core classes.
>>
>> I'm sure that if we all spend 30 min per week we can really have a
>> huge impact.
>>
>> I was planning to start with collection classes.
>>
>> Now let me know if you want to help.
>>
>> Stef

Re: [Pharo-dev] Improving comments cool action

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
More and better documentation, I am all for it.

Stupid question, how exactly does one add package comments ? Can it only be done in the latest 6 ? Is it somehow compatible with older versions ?

Re: Improving comments cool action

Julien Delplanque
Great, I'll do it next time it happens to me.

Julien