Improving squeakland.org

Kim Rose-2
Greetings, Squeaklanders -

As you know we've been working on improving the Squeakland website,
adding new content, and preparing an "olpc-compatible" version/
download for those of you on platforms other than the "XO" as well as
the "XO".

On the new site we want to showcase YOU -- the Etoy community --  and
provide pointers and links to as many external websites featuring
Squeak ETOYS from as many parts of the world as possible.  Many of
your sites are already featured on our current site, but some may be
outdated and we know there are more that we are unaware of that
contain valuable content for newcomers to Etoys, etc.

If you are involved in an Etoys community that has a website, please
send us the url and one or two sentences we can use to describe your
community (i.e., "we are part of a University in XXcountry
investigating how Etoys might be used in teaching colleges for math/
science education"  or "We are a community of users in Korea
who....."  (you get the idea.)

We really want to create a clearinghouse/central location for Etoys
that can continue to grow and where Etoy users can share ideas,
projects, curricula, their stories, their local events, participation
in conferences, etc., etc.

We look forward to hearing from you and including your site on the
new Squeakland.org.

We hope you are enjoying your summer -- wherever you are!
best regards,
Kim

Re: Improving squeakland.org

p.a.dreyfuss@excite.com
Hi,
Here are some URL.
In French

The educational part of  the French speaking Squeak community.

http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Squeak_Education

Art and Squeak. An initiation to Squeak  Etoys using visual arts projects, For non French Speaking, pictures and playing with projects are worthwhile  for everybody.

http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak

The superswiki of the French community, with projects to download.
.
http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery

Use of Squeak for Maths.
http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Math%C3%A9matiques

Active labels a programming system for beginners easier than v-toys.  (English version is coming).
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Etiquettes_actives

In English:

V-toys International page. (V-toys for OLPC). A visual programming system for Etoys.

http://community.ofset.org/index.php/V-toys_international

Best Regards.

Re: Improving squeakland.org

Kim Rose-2
Thank you so much, Pierre Andre!

best regards,
Kim

On Jul 2, 2008, at 3:06 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> Here are some URL.
> In French
>
> The educational part of  the French speaking Squeak community.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Squeak_Education
>
> Art and Squeak. An initiation to Squeak  Etoys using visual arts
> projects, For non French Speaking, pictures and playing with
> projects are worthwhile  for everybody.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
>
> The superswiki of the French community, with projects to download.
> .
> http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery
>
> Use of Squeak for Maths.
> http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Math%C3%A9matiques
>
> Active labels a programming system for beginners easier than v-
> toys.  (English version is coming).
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Etiquettes_actives
>

> In English:
>
> V-toys International page. (V-toys for OLPC). A visual programming
> system for Etoys.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/V-toys_international
>
> Best Regards.

Hilaire Fernandes-4
2008/7/2 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> The superswiki of the French community, with projects to download.
> .
> http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery

The right address is:
http://squeak.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery

Thanks Pierre-André

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: Improving squeakland.org

Milan Zimmermann-2
This is beautiful stuff!, I am enchanted!

 http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak

Thanks fo the pointer

On 2008 July 2, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> Here are some URL.
> In French
>
> The educational part of  the French speaking Squeak community.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Squeak_Education
>
> Art and Squeak. An initiation to Squeak  Etoys using visual arts projects,
> For non French Speaking, pictures and playing with projects are worthwhile
> for everybody.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
>
> The superswiki of the French community, with projects to download.
> .
> http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery
>
> Use of Squeak for Maths.
> http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Math%C3%A9matiques
>
> Active labels a programming system for beginners easier than v-toys.
> (English version is coming).
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Etiquettes_actives
>

> In English:
>
> V-toys International page. (V-toys for OLPC). A visual programming system
> for Etoys.
>
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/V-toys_international
>
> Best Regards.

Karl Ramberg
Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> This is beautiful stuff!, I am enchanted!
>
>  http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
>
> Thanks fo the pointer

It's really nice. Too bad I don't read French...

Karl

> On 2008 July 2, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Here are some URL.
>> In French
>>
>> The educational part of  the French speaking Squeak community.
>>
>> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Squeak_Education
>>
>> Art and Squeak. An initiation to Squeak  Etoys using visual arts projects,
>> For non French Speaking, pictures and playing with projects are worthwhile
>> for everybody.
>>
>> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
>>
>> The superswiki of the French community, with projects to download.
>> .
>> http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery
>>
>> Use of Squeak for Maths.
>> http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Math%C3%A9matiques
>>
>> Active labels a programming system for beginners easier than v-toys.
>> (English version is coming).
>> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Etiquettes_actives
>>

>> In English:
>>
>> V-toys International page. (V-toys for OLPC). A visual programming system
>> for Etoys.
>>
>> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/V-toys_international
>>
>> Best Regards.

Darius Clarke
Carl,

You could try Google's page translation service:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.ofset.org%2Findex.php%2FArt_et_Squeak&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=fr&tl=en

Cheers,
Darius
_______________

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Karl Ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Milan Zimmermann wrote:
[...]

K. K. Subramaniam
On Tuesday 15 Jul 2008 3:33:45 am Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> This is beautiful stuff!, I am enchanted!
>
>  http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
+1. It is amazing how artists managed to weave magic out of simple shapes and
colors.

I wonder if the artists could make silent screen recordings of the process of
composing such pictures. Say 30-60 seconds per clip with each clip covering
one specific concept - hollow shapes, solid shapes, gradients and so on.
These clips will appeal to children across the world.

Why produce tutorials in text and translate them into jillion languages when
art can convey so much in so little space?

Subbu