In Smalltalk, can I display Tiff file, do page rotate and Zoom in/out?

In Smalltalk, can I display Tiff file, do page rotate and Zoom in/out?

Charlie Valizado
Hello Everyone!

Good day!

I would like to ask if VA Smalltalk can display tiff file, do Zoom in/out and rotate the page?

Thank you very much!
Cha

Re: In Smalltalk, can I display Tiff file, do page rotate and Zoom in/out?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 12:30:52 PM UTC-7, Cha wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Good day!

I would like to ask if VA Smalltalk can display tiff file, do Zoom in/out and rotate the page?

You should start these inquiries by first searching the online documentation (local or web) that's available with the product. I searched for TIFF and found a number of results.

Alternatively, and better or worse, depending on the specific manuals, you can search the image and the repository. From the Transcript of a clean 8.6.1 image, I selected the Tools / Browse Hierarchy ... menu item and entered *tiff* to learn that TIFF support is pre-loaded in the standard image.

You can also filter the displays of the Application Manager, the Configuration Maps browser, and the  Application Editions browser. The former shows you only what is in your image (and there are Applications and SubApplications). The latter two should you what is in your repository (and which may or may not be loaded).

So, filtering for TIFF related configuration maps or (sub)applications can be informative.

There are also a number of examples deployed with the product, so filtering for *example* can also be worthwhile.

So, yes there is TIFF support. Whether you can manipulate the images is unknown to me.

Thank you very much!
Cha

Re: In Smalltalk, can I display Tiff file, do page rotate and Zoom in/out?

Charlie Valizado
Thank you very much everyone for your reply I really appreciate the time and all inputs...

Sincerely,
Cha

Re: In Smalltalk, can I display Tiff file, do page rotate and Zoom in/out?

Instantiations mailing list
Hi Marten,

This sounds very interesting and it looks like it may solve a requirement. My question is that when I look at the required configuration maps listed on the vastgoodies website, I see version V 8.5.2 specified for VisualAge for Smalltalk - Run headless and another app. Does this mean that I can't use this if I haven't upgraded to VAST 8.5.2 yet? I am currently running 8.0.3 and it will be close to the end of this year before we can start seriously thinking of upgrading. Will I be able to use this with 8.0.3? I just wanted to ask before I started downloading everything.

Thank you,
Joel Zecher

On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 3:43:11 PM UTC-5, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
Well, on <a onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fvastgoodies.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHxjcEL5lPg-RJkLXxK7FrDTlALcw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fvastgoodies.com\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHxjcEL5lPg-RJkLXxK7FrDTlALcw&#39;;return true;" href="http://vastgoodies.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">vastgoodies.com you may find the package "MSKFreeImageWrapper" - actually with this wrapper around the freeImage dll you can do pretty much with TIFF-format.

Marten