In View Composer how to identify what component is in my edited resource

In View Composer how to identify what component is in my edited resource

tanranlan
I am using Dolphin Value Edition 5.1.4
Quite likely this is something very obvious I am still very new.

I am working through the PersonalMoney tutorial and comparing my
PersonalAccoutnTransactionDialog to the one originally in the image.
In Flipper inspector it says "a TextEdit" for both my resource and the
one originally in the image. However my version has an extra property
when it is selected it has an "arrangement" property the component in
the original dolphin image does not have. The component in the resource
i am looking at is the "ammount" component. The resource i added to the
form in my dialog is NumberPresenter "Default view" ive checked the
other NumberPresenter resources and none match that field in the
original resource dialog.

I am guessing that my component is not the same as the one in the
resource in the image but I have not been able to figure out how to
identify them sufficiently.

I would appreaciate any help or pointers.

Re: In View Composer how to identify what component is in my edited resource

Ian Bartholomew-21
tanr wrote:

Welcome.

> one originally in the image. However my version has an extra property
> when it is selected it has an "arrangement" property the component in
> the original dolphin image does not have.

The "arrangement" property only appears when you have selected a
LayoutManager in the view's parent view.  If you go to the parent view
and set the "layoutManager" aspect to nil then the "arrangement" aspect
in your view will disappear.

It's worth mentioning the values that you can set the "arrangement"
aspect to will change depending on the LayoutManager you choose.  For
example, if you choose a BorderLayout for the "layoutManager" in the
parent view then the children's "arrangement" aspect can be one of
(north south east west and centre).  If you select FramingLayout the the
"arrangement" will be a FramingConstraints object.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: In View Composer how to identify what component is in my edited resource

tanranlan
Ahhh.... it was something relatively obvious anyway...
Thank you.

By the way is there a way to identify the component resource in
Composer View and recover its Owning class and Resource Name ?

tanr wrote:

> By the way is there a way to identify the component resource in
> Composer View and recover its Owning class and Resource Name ?

Not as far as I know.  You can tell the class of an view in the VC (by
clicking on the root object in the tree) but not the resource name.
There are often little hints you can use though - the type of
TypeConverter is a good indication for some of the TextEdit resources