Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Giuseppe
Hi all,

As some knows, I'm developing a little application(1) to learn Squeak
and Aida using the Tutorial(2) as backend.

Well. Now, all the classes, methods and Aida Views, are in english if
someone need it to learn too.

You can load from my MC repository (3), Incigest package.

then, evaluate on a workspace:
| ig |
ig := Incigest new.
ig companies
    add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Regna Murcia' cif: 'E123456789'
address: 'C/ Mariano Girada' city: 'Murcia');
    add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Empresa Prueba' cif: 'B667775645'
address: 'Avda. San Juan de la Cruz' city: 'Murcia');
    add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Inside' cif: 'B5565454543' address: 'C/
Marquesa, 27' city: 'Alicante');
    add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'ZYO Consulting' cif: '887986786765D'
address: 'C/ Pio Baroza' city: 'Murcia');
    add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Resturante Floridablanca' cif:
'M7787787' address: 'Pase La rivera' city: 'S. Pedro del Pinatar').

(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') urlResolver defaultURL: '/incigest.html'
forObject: ig

Sorry, but is my english merged with google translate. I hope is all OK.

(1) http://groups.google.com/group/aidaweb/msg/28d22a8cb9b538f0
(2) http://www.aidaweb.si/tutorial.html
(3) http://www.lordzealon.com/mc

Re: Incigest (Example of a "corporate" application) Updated

Giuseppe
I would like to do some appointments. I was mistakes on my previous mail.

The application is not to learn, I'm developing in squeak+aida to learn
both.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> As some knows, I'm developing a little application(1) to learn Squeak
> and Aida using the Tutorial(2) as backend.
>
> Well. Now, all the classes, methods and Aida Views, are in english if
> someone need it to learn too.
>
> You can load from my MC repository (3), Incigest package.
>
> then, evaluate on a workspace:
> | ig |
> ig := Incigest new.
> ig companies
>     add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Regna Murcia' cif: 'E123456789'
> address: 'C/ Mariano Girada' city: 'Murcia');
>     add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Empresa Prueba' cif: 'B667775645'
> address: 'Avda. San Juan de la Cruz' city: 'Murcia');
>     add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Inside' cif: 'B5565454543' address: 'C/
> Marquesa, 27' city: 'Alicante');
>     add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'ZYO Consulting' cif: '887986786765D'
> address: 'C/ Pio Baroza' city: 'Murcia');
>     add: (IGCompany newCompany: 'Resturante Floridablanca' cif:
> 'M7787787' address: 'Pase La rivera' city: 'S. Pedro del Pinatar').
>
> (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') urlResolver defaultURL: '/incigest.html'
> forObject: ig
>
> Sorry, but is my english merged with google translate. I hope is all OK.
>
> (1) http://groups.google.com/group/aidaweb/msg/28d22a8cb9b538f0
> (2) http://www.aidaweb.si/tutorial.html
> (3) http://www.lordzealon.com/mc

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giuseppe,

I just loaded your app so that it is publicly accesible at

        http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/incigest.html

Just login as demo/demo first.

So, now we can talk about your app. And first impression is that it
looks exactly as it is expected for Aida web app! Maybe just few
suggestions:

1. Use button instead of link for adding new company
2. "preferedUrl must be in domain model, not App!
2. add instvar #parent to Company and set it when you #addCompany: in
Incigest.
3. Add hiearchy links in CompanyApp for easier navigation back to top:

IGCompanyApp>>hierarchyLinks
  | e |
  e := WebELement new.
  e addText: 'Incigest', ' | '.
  e addLinkTo: self observee parent text: 'Incigest'; addText: ' | '.
  e addText: self observee companyName
  ^e

Add this element in your viewMAin and elsewhere.

Keep your good work!
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Giuseppe
Hi Janko,

Janko Mivšek escribió:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> I just loaded your app so that it is publicly accesible at
>
> http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/incigest.html
>
> Just login as demo/demo first.

I logged, but always I try to enter to incigest.html, an user and
password is required again.

There are some way to update this public Incigest? This is something
like the new server to update our apps like seasidehosting? :D

> So, now we can talk about your app. And first impression is that it
> looks exactly as it is expected for Aida web app! Maybe just few
> suggestions:

Great!.
> 1. Use button instead of link for adding new company

This if or some reason?
> 2. "preferedUrl must be in domain model, not App!

Oops :P

> 2. add instvar #parent to Company and set it when you #addCompany: in
> Incigest.

parent := self obervee ?

> 3. Add hiearchy links in CompanyApp for easier navigation back to top:
>
> IGCompanyApp>>hierarchyLinks
>   | e |
>   e := WebELement new.
>   e addText: 'Incigest', ' | '.
>   e addLinkTo: self observee parent text: 'Incigest'; addText: ' | '.
>   e addText: self observee companyName
>   ^e
>
> Add this element in your viewMAin and elsewhere.

How this works? This will be automated added to each page? or how?

> Keep your good work!

Oh, thanks. I don't think it's a good work, if you can see, is the
Aida/Web tutorial but with more content :P

Cheers.

Janko Mivšek escribió:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> I just loaded your app so that it is publicly accesible at
>
> http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/incigest.html
>
> Just login as demo/demo first.

I logged, but always I try to enter to incigest.html, an user and
password is required again.

There are some way to update this public Incigest? This is something
like the new server to update our apps like seasidehosting? :D

> So, now we can talk about your app. And first impression is that it
> looks exactly as it is expected for Aida web app! Maybe just few
> suggestions:

Great!.
> 1. Use button instead of link for adding new company

This if or some reason?
> 2. "preferedUrl must be in domain model, not App!

Oops :P

> 2. add instvar #parent to Company and set it when you #addCompany: in
> Incigest.

parent := self obervee ?

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:

>> http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/incigest.html

> I logged, but always I try to enter to incigest.html, an user and
> password is required again.

Ok, Now is accessed without login needed.

> There are some way to update this public Incigest? This is something
> like the new server to update our apps like seasidehosting? :D

We can make a small app to upgrade it remotely, through some web page!
Any takers?

>> 1. Use button instead of link for adding new company

> This if or some reason?

Yes, because this is an action and for actions you have buttons (not
only for submitting a form). Links are on the other side for navigation
among web pages. IT is very bad habit to do some action while clicking
on the link. Just imagine a search engine crawling through some links
which delete something ...

>> 2. "preferedUrl must be in domain model, not App!
>>

> Oops :P
>
>> 2. add instvar #parent to Company and set it when you #addCompany: in
>> Incigest.
>>

> parent := self obervee ?

Parent for a Company in your case is Incigest

>> 3. Add hiearchy links in CompanyApp for easier navigation back to top:
>>
>> IGCompanyApp>>hierarchyLinks
>>   | e |
>>   e := WebELement new.
>>   e addText: 'Incigest', ' | '.
>>   e addLinkTo: self observee parent text: 'Incigest'; addText: ' | '.
>>   e addText: self observee companyName
>>   ^e
>>
>> Add this element in your viewMAin and elsewhere.
>>

> How this works? This will be automated added to each page? or how?

Yes, that's the point if this hierarchy links element. Add it in your
IGCompanyApp>>viewMAin and you'll have something like:

   Incigest | Empresa Prueba

at the top of the company page. Icigest will be clickable, guiding you
back to the parent of company, that is Incigest, in that case a home,
top of hierarchy of your website. Such navigation helps a lot the users,
to have a better feeling where they are on your website.

Janko

El 18/06/2008, a las 21:24, Janko Mivšek escribió:

> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
>
>>> http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/incigest.html
>
>> I logged, but always I try to enter to incigest.html, an user and
>> password is required again.
>
> Ok, Now is accessed without login needed.
>
>> There are some way to update this public Incigest? This is something
>> like the new server to update our apps like seasidehosting? :D
>
> We can make a small app to upgrade it remotely, through some web page!
> Any takers?

With this code may update it.

Installer monticello http: 'http://www.lordzealon.com/mc';
installQuietly: 'InciGest'.

I tried to add it, but was unable to know where.

I will check the other things tomorrow.

Cheers.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

>>> There are some way to update this public Incigest? This is something
>>> like the new server to update our apps like seasidehosting? :D

>> We can make a small app to upgrade it remotely, through some web page!
>> Any takers?
>
> With this code may update it.
>
> Installer monticello http: 'http://www.lordzealon.com/mc';
> installQuietly: 'InciGest'.
>
> I tried to add it, but was unable to know where.

I would simply add another view on IncigestApp and there a button
Update. In its action method I would just call above code. This should
work IMO.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Giuseppe
If you see version 12, I added an update button.

I'm trying to change the New Company to a button, but, is not enough to
change the view to action?

Cheers.

Janko Mivšek escribió

>>> We can make a small app to upgrade it remotely, through some web page!
>>> Any takers?
>>>
>> With this code may update it.
>>
>> Installer monticello http: 'http://www.lordzealon.com/mc';
>> installQuietly: 'InciGest'.
>>
>> I tried to add it, but was unable to know where.
>>

> I would simply add another view on IncigestApp and there a button
> Update. In its action method I would just call above code. This should
> work IMO.
>
> Janko

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giuseppe,

I just loaded new version and remote update now works!

Also, login as incigest/incigest to have admin rights on this site.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:

> I'm trying to change the New Company to a button, but, is not enough to
> change the view to action?

Be careful when naming button action and then action method. In your
case button action is #companyAdd in view #main, so action method name
must be #actionMainCompanyAdd

Best regards
Janko

> Cheers.
>
> Janko Mivšek escribió

>>> With this code may update it.
>>>
>>> Installer monticello http: 'http://www.lordzealon.com/mc';
>>> installQuietly: 'InciGest'.
>>>
>>> I tried to add it, but was unable to know where.
>>>
>> I would simply add another view on IncigestApp and there a button
>> Update. In its action method I would just call above code. This should
>> work IMO.
>>
>> Janko

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Giuseppe
I solved.

But If you follow the squeak-dev maillist, I can't save my package to
my MC repository :(

I hate this squeak things.

El 19/06/2008, a las 23:32, Janko Mivšek escribió:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> I just loaded new version and remote update now works!
>
> Also, login as incigest/incigest to have admin rights on this site.
>
> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to change the New Company to a button, but, is not
>> enough to
>> change the view to action?
>
> Be careful when naming button action and then action method. In your
> case button action is #companyAdd in view #main, so action method name
> must be #actionMainCompanyAdd
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

>> Cheers.
>>
>> Janko Mivšek escribió

>>> I would simply add another view on IncigestApp and there a button
>>> Update. In its action method I would just call above code. This
>>> should
>>> work IMO.
>>>
>>> Janko

> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Incigest (software to learn) Updated

Giuseppe
I would say.

I solved this afternoon, and added more things, like add technicians,
buttons instead links, 2 "menus" in every page and so on, but I'm
having a problem saving the package, and I didn't get a response (I
don't know how to solve :( )

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-June/129336.html

El 20/06/2008, a las 0:16, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz escribió:

> I solved.
>
> But If you follow the squeak-dev maillist, I can't save my package to
> my MC repository :(
>
> I hate this squeak things.
>

> El 19/06/2008, a las 23:32, Janko Mivšek escribió:
>
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>> I just loaded new version and remote update now works!
>>
>> Also, login as incigest/incigest to have admin rights on this site.
>>
>> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to change the New Company to a button, but, is not
>>> enough to
>>> change the view to action?
>>
>> Be careful when naming button action and then action method. In your
>> case button action is #companyAdd in view #main, so action method
>> name
>> must be #actionMainCompanyAdd
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko
>>

>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Janko Mivšek escribió

>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> AIDA/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Incigest (Example of a "corporate" application) Updated

Giuseppe
Other question.

If you see, I added a little "menu", and I want to show it, after and
before the content, but if you enter on Companies, it shows 4 times :S

Why this?

Cheers.