Inconsistent UI protocol for moving a class to another package

Inconsistent UI protocol for moving a class to another package

Shaping-3
I tried to move a class to another package.  I could not drag and drop the
class in the Package Browser, but I could in the System Browser.  Why is
this?

Shaping

Re: Inconsistent UI protocol for moving a class to another package

Chris Uppal-3
Shaping wrote:

> I tried to move a class to another package.  I could not drag and drop the
> class in the Package Browser, but I could in the System Browser.

Works for me.  What /exactly/ are you doing ?

    -- chris

Re: Inconsistent UI protocol for moving a class to another package

Shaping-3
I was foggy when I did that, and I may have been misguided by what seems
like a minor bug.  The problem comes down to distinguishing directories from
packages.  I don't recall the details now, but do recall that I had a
directory and package of the same name.  I moved the package and renamed the
directory, all before actually saving the new package.  This caused one of
the browsers (sorry, I don't remember which) to think that it still had the
directory which had been deleted.  Cycling the image didn't help.  Saving
the package fixed the problem.

I will try to reproduce the problem as time permits.

Shaping

news:42075a52$0$38046$[hidden email]...