Indiegogo campaign is on the front page of Hacker News

Indiegogo campaign is on the front page of Hacker News

SeanTAllen
Might not be by time you read this, but feel free to jump over and take part in the discussion:

For those who are interested, right now we've been sitting at #1 for about 90 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Indiegogo campaign is on the front page of Hacker News

patmaddox
HN illuminati in full swing today. I posted one reply, and then 5 minutes later a second one to a different comment, and got a "you are posting too quickly, please stop" message. Then later in the day I saw my original reply was deleted and they had changed the title to "Redline Smalltalk v1.0"  My guess is they look at replies and go, "oh this guy has only commented on one article in the last 6 months, and it's one where he's in the video", then delete.

HN blows, but I'm glad that Redline was on top for a while today :)

On Nov 26, 2012, at 7:26 AM, Sean Allen wrote:
Might not be by time you read this, but feel free to jump over and take part in the discussion:

For those who are interested, right now we've been sitting at #1 for about 90 minutes.

--

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Indiegogo campaign is on the front page of Hacker News

SeanTAllen
they did indeed change the title.

the reply wise though, not so much. i posted a ton of replies after not having posted anything in 218 days. HN is truly a weird place.

Still, we were at #1 for almost 3 hours and we were on the front page for 11 1/2 hours. It didnt result in a ton of donations, but we got over 26k in views on the campaign. That kind of publicity can't hurt.

Hopefully as the primary answerer of questions, I acquitted myself well and it moves the long tail forward.

Thanks to everyone who added in this.

Hugs,
Sean

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Pat Maddox <[hidden email]> wrote:
HN illuminati in full swing today. I posted one reply, and then 5 minutes later a second one to a different comment, and got a "you are posting too quickly, please stop" message. Then later in the day I saw my original reply was deleted and they had changed the title to "Redline Smalltalk v1.0"  My guess is they look at replies and go, "oh this guy has only commented on one article in the last 6 months, and it's one where he's in the video", then delete.

HN blows, but I'm glad that Redline was on top for a while today :)

On Nov 26, 2012, at 7:26 AM, Sean Allen wrote:
Might not be by time you read this, but feel free to jump over and take part in the discussion:

For those who are interested, right now we've been sitting at #1 for about 90 minutes.

--

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Indiegogo campaign is on the front page of Hacker News

James Ladd
Yep - I liked your answers and the fact you were there to answer. Such interesting comments, providing a good window on what ppl see, don't see and what they want to know. All good.

THANK YOU to all who participated!

- James

Sent from Hyperspace.