Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Lukas Renggli
Is this just me that suddenly cannot break out of an infinite loop
with Ctrl+. in Pharo 1.0 anymore?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know.

Stef

On Feb 25, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Is this just me that suddenly cannot break out of an infinite loop
> with Ctrl+. in Pharo 1.0 anymore?
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 25, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Is this just me that suddenly cannot break out of an infinite loop
> with Ctrl+. in Pharo 1.0 anymore?

Works here. [true] whileTrue: []

Which vm are you using? Squeak 4.2.2beta1U here right now...
--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Lukas Renggli
>> Is this just me that suddenly cannot break out of an infinite loop
>> with Ctrl+. in Pharo 1.0 anymore?
>
> Works here. [true] whileTrue: []

Yes, that works for me too, but try:

   UndefinedObject compile: 'foo self foo'.
   nil foo

> Which vm are you using? Squeak 4.2.2beta1U here right now...

Yes, I am using this one too.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Adrian Lienhard
It worked for me the first time I tried, but not the second time (the VM eventually crashed).

Already in Squeak 3.9 it was sometimes impossible to break endless recursions. So I'm not sure if this related to changes in Pharo 1.0.

Adrian

On Feb 26, 2010, at 16:50 , Lukas Renggli wrote:

>>> Is this just me that suddenly cannot break out of an infinite loop
>>> with Ctrl+. in Pharo 1.0 anymore?
>>
>> Works here. [true] whileTrue: []
>
> Yes, that works for me too, but try:
>
>   UndefinedObject compile: 'foo self foo'.
>   nil foo
>
>> Which vm are you using? Squeak 4.2.2beta1U here right now...
>
> Yes, I am using this one too.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Lukas Renggli
I wasn't implying that this was the fault of Pharo. I just noticed it
suddenly and I somehow thought that this worked at some point in the
past, but I might be wrong.

Lukas

On 28 February 2010 13:29, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It worked for me the first time I tried, but not the second time (the VM eventually crashed).
>
> Already in Squeak 3.9 it was sometimes impossible to break endless recursions. So I'm not sure if this related to changes in Pharo 1.0.
>
> Adrian

>>> Works here. [true] whileTrue: []
>>
>> Yes, that works for me too, but try:
>>
>>   UndefinedObject compile: 'foo self foo'.
>>   nil foo
>>
>>> Which vm are you using? Squeak 4.2.2beta1U here right now...
>>
>> Yes, I am using this one too.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Infinite Loop and Ctrl+.

Adrian Lienhard
Sure, no worries. In any case it would be nice if it always worked...

Adrian

On Feb 28, 2010, at 13:52 , Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I wasn't implying that this was the fault of Pharo. I just noticed it
> suddenly and I somehow thought that this worked at some point in the
> past, but I might be wrong.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 28 February 2010 13:29, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It worked for me the first time I tried, but not the second time (the VM eventually crashed).
>>
>> Already in Squeak 3.9 it was sometimes impossible to break endless recursions. So I'm not sure if this related to changes in Pharo 1.0.
>>
>> Adrian

>>> Yes, that works for me too, but try:
>>>
>>>   UndefinedObject compile: 'foo self foo'.
>>>   nil foo

>>> Yes, I am using this one too.
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> --