Infinite loop is not stopped by Cmd+.

Alex Schenkman
Hi List,

Recently I had a bug causing an infinite loop, which in turn hanged the image.
I thought that Cmd+. would allow me to stop this, but this is not the case.

Adding and executing this method hangs my image and Cmd+. does not stop it.

MyClass>>infinite
 ^self infinite

Is this the right behavior?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Infinite loop is not stopped by Cmd+.

Stéphane Ducasse
probably the loop was too tight and the system did not get a chance to react.
This is not the right behavior but not clear how to change it.

Stef

On Jan 19, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Alex Schenkman wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Recently I had a bug causing an infinite loop, which in turn hanged the image.
> I thought that Cmd+. would allow me to stop this, but this is not the case.
>
> Adding and executing this method hangs my image and Cmd+. does not stop it.
>
> MyClass>>infinite
>  ^self infinite
>
> Is this the right behavior?
> Thanks in advance!

Re: Infinite loop is not stopped by Cmd+.

Mariano Martinez Peck
I could reproduce it.
Myabe I am saying something stupid, but didn't Cmd+. depends on the process priority?
I mean, if the loop was caused by a Process with higher priority than Cmd+. then it cannot be interrupted.

can someone help?

cheers

mariano