Information and warning components

Nicolas Petton
I made two elements for Scribo, WebInformationElement and
WebWarningElement (see the attached image).

First, do you like them?

I wanted to add them only for Scribo, but would you like to have them
directly in Aida?

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Capture.png (49K) Download Attachment

Re: Information and warning components

Rob Rothwell
I'd like to have access to pre-built elements...is Scribo the proper place for them?  If you have both Aida and Scribo loaded, can you use them in any other Aida app?

Anyway, it seems about as basic as a MessageBox, which is always useful...

Rob

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:38 PM, nico <[hidden email]> wrote:
I made two elements for Scribo, WebInformationElement and
WebWarningElement (see the attached image).

First, do you like them?

I wanted to add them only for Scribo, but would you like to have them
directly in Aida?

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
           ___
         ooooooo
        OOOOOOOOO
       |Smalltalk|
        OOOOOOOOO
         ooooooo
          \   /
           [|]

Re: Information and warning components

Janko Mivšek
Nico, can you describe them and their purpose a bit more? How will they
be used, are they configurable, separatelly in WebStyle?

Janko

nico wrote:

> I made two elements for Scribo, WebInformationElement and
> WebWarningElement (see the attached image).
>
> First, do you like them?
>
> I wanted to add them only for Scribo, but would you like to have them
> directly in Aida?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Nico

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008 à 13:24 -0400, Rob Rothwell a écrit :
> I'd like to have access to pre-built elements...is Scribo the proper
> place for them?
This is a good question. Would someone else use them?

>   If you have both Aida and Scribo loaded, can you use them in any
> other Aida app?
Yes

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008 à 19:31 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> Nico, can you describe them and their purpose a bit more? How will they
> be used, are they configurable, separatelly in WebStyle?

It just 2 very very basic methods:

WebElement>>addInformation: aString
        self add: ((WebElement newClass: 'information') addText: aString;
yourself)

Look at:
http://scribo.aidaweb.si/browse/scribo-np.148/scribo-wiki/wikipageapp/viewremove.html
to see how they are used in Scribo.

Then there is a corresponding css in ScriboStyle, so you can configure
them if you want to.

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008 à 19:36 +0200, nico a écrit :
> Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008 à 19:31 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> > Nico, can you describe them and their purpose a bit more? How will they
> > be used, are they configurable, separatelly in WebStyle?

FYI, every part of Scribo is styled separately in ScriboStyle, so you
can completely change the appearence of your site, including the blog
header, blog post footer, and so on.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

nico wrote:

> It just 2 very very basic methods:
>
> WebElement>>addInformation: aString
> self add: ((WebElement newClass: 'information') addText: aString;
> yourself)
>
> Look at:
> http://scribo.aidaweb.si/browse/scribo-np.148/scribo-wiki/wikipageapp/viewremove.html
> to see how they are used in Scribo.

   e addWarning: 'Do you really want to remove "',
       self observee title, '"?'
   addBreak;
   addButtonText: 'Remove'.

Ye, this sounds useful. It is on the way to real Yes/No dialog box  hope
we will have soon too.

Janko

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008 à 19:46 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> nico wrote:
>
> > It just 2 very very basic methods:
> >
> > WebElement>>addInformation: aString
> > self add: ((WebElement newClass: 'information') addText: aString;
> > yourself)
> >
> > Look at:
> > http://scribo.aidaweb.si/browse/scribo-np.148/scribo-wiki/wikipageapp/viewremove.html
> > to see how they are used in Scribo.
>
>    e addWarning: 'Do you really want to remove "',
>        self observee title, '"?'
>    addBreak;
>    addButtonText: 'Remove'.
>
> Ye, this sounds useful. It is on the way to real Yes/No dialog box  hope
> we will have soon too.
Yes, with lightbox support (already in Aida) we are close :)
So, would you add those 2 methods directly in Aida?