Initial Chrome Extension

JohnnyT
Hello all -

FYI - I just pushed an initial go at a Chrome Extension out to: http://johnnyt.github.com/amber / https://github.com/johnnyt/amber

I'd love to get feedback from people on you they think, and what you'd like to see in an extension.

Cheers - JohnnyT

Re: Initial Chrome Extension

laurent laffont
Good start !

First some explanations on how to install this extension. So:
- in chrome , go to chrome://flags/ and activate experimental extensions API, restart chrome
- go to chrome://extensions/ then load non packaged extension by selecting the chrome-extension dir

Then open a new tab and amber icon should be right of the address bar.

Now on feedback:
- the extension become unusable when the debugger opens, need to restart chrome
- (maybe) I would like the amber IDE displayed in chrome developer tools

Cheers,

Laurent

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:37 AM, JohnnyT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all -

FYI - I just pushed an initial go at a Chrome Extension out to: http://johnnyt.github.com/amber / https://github.com/johnnyt/amber

I'd love to get feedback from people on you they think, and what you'd like to see in an extension.

Cheers - JohnnyT

Re: Initial Chrome Extension

Hannes Hirzel
JonnyT

What do you mean by 'Chrome Extension'? The workspace tool I get when
going to http://johnnyt.github.com/amber ? Only for Chrome?

--Hannes

On 12/23/11, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good start !
>
> First some explanations on how to install this extension. So:
> - git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/johnnyt/amber.git
> - in chrome , go to chrome://flags/ and activate experimental extensions
> API, restart chrome
> - go to chrome://extensions/ then load non packaged extension by selecting
> the chrome-extension dir
>
> Then open a new tab and amber icon should be right of the address bar.
>
> Now on feedback:
> - the extension become unusable when the debugger opens, need to restart
> chrome
> - (maybe) I would like the amber IDE displayed in chrome developer tools
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:37 AM, JohnnyT <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all -
>>
>> FYI - I just pushed an initial go at a Chrome Extension out to:
>> http://johnnyt.github.com/amber / https://github.com/johnnyt/amber
>>
>> I'd love to get feedback from people on you they think, and what you'd
>> like to see in an extension.
>>
>> Cheers - JohnnyT

Re: Initial Chrome Extension

Bernat Romagosa
Great!

It would really rock if the plugin injected amber into the current page, so that one could inspect any website's DOM in Smalltalk!

We wouldn't need the web developer tools anymore ;)

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Initial Chrome Extension

Nicolas Petton
Yeah! Good idea :)

Cheers,
Nico

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 12:11 +0100, Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> Great!
>

> It would really rock if the plugin injected amber into the current
> page, so that one could inspect any website's DOM in Smalltalk!
>

> We wouldn't need the web developer tools anymore ;)
>
> 2011/12/23 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>         JonnyT
>
>         What do you mean by 'Chrome Extension'? The workspace tool I
>         get when
>         going to http://johnnyt.github.com/amber ? Only for Chrome?
>
>         --Hannes
>
>         On 12/23/11, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
>         wrote:
>         > Good start !
>         >
>         > First some explanations on how to install this extension.
>         So:
>         > - git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/johnnyt/amber.git
>         > - in chrome , go to chrome://flags/ and activate
>         experimental extensions
>         > API, restart chrome
>         > - go to chrome://extensions/ then load non packaged
>         extension by selecting
>         > the chrome-extension dir
>         >
>         > Then open a new tab and amber icon should be right of the
>         address bar.
>         >
>         > Now on feedback:
>         > - the extension become unusable when the debugger opens,
>         need to restart
>         > chrome
>         > - (maybe) I would like the amber IDE displayed in chrome
>         developer tools
>         >
>         > Cheers,
>         >
>         > Laurent
>         >
>         > On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:37 AM, JohnnyT <[hidden email]>
>         wrote:
>         >
>         >> Hello all -
>         >>
>         >> FYI - I just pushed an initial go at a Chrome Extension out
>         to:
>         >> http://johnnyt.github.com/amber /
>         https://github.com/johnnyt/amber
>         >>
>         >> I'd love to get feedback from people on you they think, and
>         what you'd
>         >> like to see in an extension.
>         >>
>         >> Cheers - JohnnyT
>         >
>

> --
> Bernat Romagosa.

Bernat Romagosa.
This is pretty neat!

Re: Initial Chrome Extension

leonsmith
I love this extension. Never use Firefox, always use Chrome. My wish
list is pretty short, I love everything else so far.
1. Make the popup window resizable and bigger since the workspace
takes up room also
2. Add ability to create new package (Maybe "save" for class
description pane ?"
3. Add your right click menus to all panes. Its more like traditional
ST, faster, intuitive, etc.

Thanks for the contribution. Great work !