Initialization in packages

Peter Kenny-2
Hello All

This is just a request for reassurance that I have got something right. I am
importing a 'package' in .st chunk format into Dolphin, and I want to turn
it into a Dolphin package file. The end of the .st file contains several
lines of the form:
ClassName initialize
and I would just like to check that the appropriate place for these is in
the post-install script of the package.

Thanks in advance for any help

--
Best wishes

Peter Kenny

Re: Initialization in packages

Support at Object Arts
"Peter Kenny" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hello All
>
> This is just a request for reassurance that I have got something right. I
> am importing a 'package' in .st chunk format into Dolphin, and I want to
> turn it into a Dolphin package file. The end of the .st file contains
> several lines of the form:
> ClassName initialize
> and I would just like to check that the appropriate place for these is in
> the post-install script of the package.

You do not need to do this at all in Dolphin. Class initialize methods are
run automatically, if present, after all the classes have been loaded.

Re: Initialization in packages

Peter Kenny-2
"Support at Object Arts" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> "Peter Kenny" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> Hello All
>>
>> This is just a request for reassurance that I have got something right. I
>> am importing a 'package' in .st chunk format into Dolphin, and I want to
>> turn it into a Dolphin package file. The end of the .st file contains
>> several lines of the form:
>> ClassName initialize
>> and I would just like to check that the appropriate place for these is in
>> the post-install script of the package.
>
> You do not need to do this at all in Dolphin. Class initialize methods are
> run automatically, if present, after all the classes have been loaded.

Thanks OA. The depth of my ignorance never ceases to amaze me!