InputFieldView catching keystroke change?

InputFieldView catching keystroke change?

Gary Peterson-2
Hello All,

Is there an event to catch intermediate (keystroke) changes on an InputFieldView?

I just see relevent events #changed/#changing that trigger only for the losingFocus case. Or maybe there is way to configure the widget to trigger in this regard?

Thank You,

gp

Re: InputFieldView catching keystroke change?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Take a peek at #continuousAccept:.

-Boris

Re: InputFieldView catching keystroke change?

Gary Peterson-2
Thank you Boris

Re: InputFieldView catching keystroke change?

Holger Guhl
Maybe you want to install a keyboard hook (see TextEditorController>>keyboardHook: ). This is a means to install a callback block  (individual per controller) which gets called for every keyboard event (see #processKeyboardEvent: ). If your callback block returns nil, then the event is regarded consumed and it is not processed. Thus you have the chance to suppress or modify the event.

Cheer,
Holger

Am 02.05.2013 08:40, schrieb Gary Peterson:
Hello All,

Is there an event to catch intermediate (keystroke) changes on an InputFieldView?

I just see relevent events #changed/#changing that trigger only for the losingFocus case. Or maybe there is way to configure the widget to trigger in this regard?

Thank You,

gp
_______________________________________________ vwnc mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc

Holger Guhl
--
Senior Consultant * Certified Scrum Master * [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 9 75 99 21 * Fax: +49 231 9 75 99 20