Inspect it wrong shortcut

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi!

With latest pharo 304 in Linux the shortcut for inspect it (ctrl + i) doesn't work but alt + i.

I have evaluated Preferences enable: #swapCOntrolAndAltKeys.

Actually, all the other shortcuts (browse it, do it, explore it, and so on) works with ctrl + XXX but there is a problem with inspect it.

Can someone confirm this ?

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Damien Cassou
2009/5/14 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Can someone confirm this ?

This is fixed in recent versions.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/5/14 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Can someone confirm this ?

This is fixed in recent versions.

Are you sure? It still doesn't work for me. Note that inspect it is the only one that doesn't work. It seems that inspect is inverse to all the other. When the rest of the shortcuts work with ctrl, inspect it work with alt and viceversa.

Greetings,

Mariano

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Adrian Lienhard
In 10303 on the Mac VM the shortcuts seem consistent.

What version and VM are you using?

Adrian

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
In 10303 on the Mac VM the shortcuts seem consistent.

What version and VM are you using?

Last exupery (without exupery package actually) VM for Linux and latest Pharo.

Thanks

Adrian

On May 15, 2009, at 20:54 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
>> 2009/5/14 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>> Can someone confirm this ?
>>
>> This is fixed in recent versions.
>>

> Are you sure? It still doesn't work for me. Note that inspect it is
> the only
> one that doesn't work. It seems that inspect is inverse to all the
> other.
> When the rest of the shortcuts work with ctrl, inspect it work with
> alt and
> viceversa.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Mariano
>

>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Damien Cassou
Can't reproduce

2009/5/16 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In 10303 on the Mac VM the shortcuts seem consistent.
>>
>> What version and VM are you using?
>
> Last exupery (without exupery package actually) VM for Linux and latest
> Pharo.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Adrian
>>
>> On May 15, 2009, at 20:54 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]

>> > Are you sure? It still doesn't work for me. Note that inspect it is
>> > the only
>> > one that doesn't work. It seems that inspect is inverse to all the
>> > other.
>> > When the rest of the shortcuts work with ctrl, inspect it work with
>> > alt and
>> > viceversa.
>> >
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > Mariano

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Mariano Martinez Peck
I am sorry. I was confuse, It is under Windows that happened to me, not Linux. In Linux works ok.

Anyone with Windows can confirm this ?

thanks!

Mariano

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can't reproduce

2009/5/16 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In 10303 on the Mac VM the shortcuts seem consistent.
>>
>> What version and VM are you using?
>
> Last exupery (without exupery package actually) VM for Linux and latest
> Pharo.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Adrian
>>
>> On May 15, 2009, at 20:54 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]

>> > Are you sure? It still doesn't work for me. Note that inspect it is
>> > the only
>> > one that doesn't work. It seems that inspect is inverse to all the
>> > other.
>> > When the rest of the shortcuts work with ctrl, inspect it work with
>> > alt and
>> > viceversa.
>> >
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > Mariano

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Alexander Batalshikov
On Windows XP with pharo0.1-10309dev09.05.3.image:
Alt+i -- run Inspect
Alt+Shift+i -- run Explore
Ctrl+i -- also run Explore

and changing any setting in section "keyboard" in Preference Browser
no any effects for me.

/ Alexander

2009/5/19 Alexandr Batalshikov <[hidden email]>
On Windows XP with pharo0.1-10309dev09.05.3.image:
Alt+i -- run Inspect
Alt+Shift+i -- run Explore
Ctrl+i -- also run Explore

and changing any setting in section "keyboard" in Preference Browser
no any effects for me.

Alexander: I created this ticket: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=829

could you are your comments there ?

Thanks

Mariano

2009/5/20 Alexandr Batalshikov <[hidden email]>
On Windows XP evaluating "Preferences enable: #swapCOntrolAndAltKeys" and changing any settings in section keyboard of Preference Browser no any effects to any shortcuts.

Alexander can you still reproduce this problem? Can you see if you have enable the preference duplicateAllControlAndAltKeys ? If so, I think it is correct you have no effects in enabling or disabling swapControlAndAltKeys.

/ Alexander.

2009/5/19 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

2009/5/19 Alexandr Batalshikov <[hidden email]>

On Windows XP with pharo0.1-10309dev09.05.3.image:
Alt+i -- run Inspect
Alt+Shift+i -- run Explore
Ctrl+i -- also run Explore

and changing any setting in section "keyboard" in Preference Browser
no any effects for me.

Alexander: I created this ticket: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=829

could you are your comments there ?

Thanks

Mariano

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Gary Chambers-4
I note in InputEventSensor>>commandKeyPressed

^self modifiers anyMask: 16r40

Whereas the Cmd/Alt key generate a modifier of 16r8...

Might be the cause of all this (and why you no longer get the Tasklist popping up when doing Alt+arrow).

Still seems to be some things wrong with the sensor stuff...

Regards, Gary

tn

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

tn
KeyboardEvent keyValue for 'ctrl + i' is evaluated to 9 as ASCII control code,
and the value conflicts to Character tab value.
I tried to correct source code for this problem.
Below is the workaround for Pharo-1.1.1-OneClickCogVM on Windows XP.
--------------------
InputEventSensor>>processEvent:

processEvent: evt

  "Finally keyboard"
  type = EventTypeKeyboard
    ifTrue: [
      (evt at: 4)=0 ifTrue: [        "-- add --"
      "Sswap ctrl/alt keys if neeeded"
      KeyDecodeTable
        at: {evt at: 3. evt at: 5}
        ifPresent: [:a |
          evt
            at: 3 put: a first;
            at: 6 put: a first;  "-- add --"
            at: 5 put: a second].
      ].                                        "-- add --"
      "Update state for polling calls"
      modifiers := evt at: 5.
      ^evt].

In order to work this code, Preference Control and Alt keys must be set to "Full matching".
Because ASCII control characters (e.g. ^i) is mapped to character code with KeyDecodeTable, only at the time.

About key event, see InputEventFetcher class comment.
And it is interesting that to contrast implementations between Pharo and Squeak4.2.
Each implementation is below.

Pharo: InputEventSensor>>processEvent:
Squeak4.2: EventSensor>>processEvent:

Thanks,

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

Stéphane Ducasse
Tx for reporting.
can you open a bug entry?

Stef

tn

Re: Inspect it wrong shortcut

tn
> can you open a bug entry?

Is the bug entry below?
Issue 1064:  There are still problem with keyboard shortcuts in Windows

I'm sorry. I don't know how to manage bugs well.

Thanks,