Install Pier3 into Moose 4.8 Problems

riverdusty
Hi

I've got Moose 4.8 Release.
Open Moose,
Open workspace,
 and run:

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pier3';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPier3) load.

Although it appears to install mostly ok, I get several debug windows labelled:

MNU: GRPackage>>includesSelector:ofClassName:

From then on the image is unusable, with many errors (opening workspace, system browser, etc):

MNU: ByteString>>trimBoth

KR
Gareth Cox
IT Manager/Developer
nspired
!
cell: +27 (0)78 374 9035

Re: Install Pier3 into Moose 4.8 Problems

DiegoLont
Hi,

There is a wrong version in Moose 4.8 of Grease, that contains the trimBoth message. As you look in the package list, there is a dirty package, containing the messages trimBoth (among others). Please load this package (before or after loading Pier3), and you should be fine.

On Sep 27, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Gareth Cox wrote:
Hi

I've got Moose 4.8 Release.
Open Moose,
Open workspace,
 and run:

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pier3';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3';
    load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPier3) load.

Although it appears to install mostly ok, I get several debug windows labelled:

MNU: GRPackage>>includesSelector:ofClassName:

From then on the image is unusable, with many errors (opening workspace, system browser, etc):

MNU: ByteString>>trimBoth

KR
Gareth Cox
IT Manager/Developer
nspired
!
cell: +27 (0)78 374 9035

Pier3AddOns and Pharo2

JupiterJones
Hi all,

I've loaded Pier3 into Pharo2 and am trying to load PierAdmin and get the following error during the load:

'Working copy for Seaside-Pharo-Core-JohanBrichau.17 not found'

Since Seaside-Pharo20-Core is loaded, I'm guessing I don't need this, however I don't have my head around Monticello enough to work out where to look.

I've loaded seaside 3.1, but it looks like it's trying to load this package as part of 3.0.8 or 9.

Has anyone loaded PierAdmin into Pharo2, and have any advice?

Kind Regards,

Jupiter

Re: Pier3AddOns and Pharo2

DiegoLont
I suspect that the configuration of PierAdmin still refers to an old configuration of Seaside ...

I tried to check, but something is wrong on smalltalkhub. There are a few teams that are corrupted. I know of Magritte, Pier and Seaside. So I hope someone can fix this soon!

Cheers,
Diego

On Sep 29, 2013, at 2:18 AM, Jupiter Jones wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've loaded Pier3 into Pharo2 and am trying to load PierAdmin and get the following error during the load:
>
> 'Working copy for Seaside-Pharo-Core-JohanBrichau.17 not found'
>
> Since Seaside-Pharo20-Core is loaded, I'm guessing I don't need this, however I don't have my head around Monticello enough to work out where to look.
>
> I've loaded seaside 3.1, but it looks like it's trying to load this package as part of 3.0.8 or 9.
>
> Has anyone loaded PierAdmin into Pharo2, and have any advice?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Jupiter

Re: Install Pier3 into Moose 4.8 Problems

riverdusty
Hi

Ok, Got Seaside3.1 and Pier3 loaded into Moose 4.8.
I can create an adaptor but when I try start it I get:

'Cannot create socket on port ''8080'''

Upon further investigation:

socket isValid
ifFalse: [ self error: 'Cannot create socket on port ', port printString ].

and:

isValid
"Return true if this socket contains a valid, non-nil socket handle."

| status |
socketHandle == nil ifTrue: [^ false].
status := self primSocketConnectionStatus: socketHandle.
^ status ~= InvalidSocket

socketHandle is indeed nil.

KR

Hi,

There is a wrong version in Moose 4.8 of Grease, that contains the trimBoth message. As you look in the package list, there is a dirty package, containing the messages trimBoth (among others). Please load this package (before or after loading Pier3), and you should be fine.

On Sep 27, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Gareth Cox wrote:
Hi

I've got Moose 4.8 Release.
Open Moose,
Open workspace,
and run:

Gofer new
   smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pier3';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3';
   load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPier3) load.

Although it appears to install mostly ok, I get several debug windows labelled:

MNU: GRPackage>>includesSelector:ofClassName:

From then on the image is unusable, with many errors (opening workspace, system browser, etc):

MNU: ByteString>>trimBoth

KR
Gareth Cox
IT Manager/Developer
inspired!
email: [hidden email]
cell: +27 (0)78 374 9035

Re: Pier3AddOns and Pharo2

Nicolas Petton
Hi! I'll look into it today.

Cheers,
Nico

2013/9/30 Diego Lont <[hidden email]>
I suspect that the configuration of PierAdmin still refers to an old configuration of Seaside ...

I tried to check, but something is wrong on smalltalkhub. There are a few teams that are corrupted. I know of Magritte, Pier and Seaside. So I hope someone can fix this soon!

Cheers,
Diego

On Sep 29, 2013, at 2:18 AM, Jupiter Jones wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've loaded Pier3 into Pharo2 and am trying to load PierAdmin and get the following error during the load:
>
> 'Working copy for Seaside-Pharo-Core-JohanBrichau.17 not found'
>
> Since Seaside-Pharo20-Core is loaded, I'm guessing I don't need this, however I don't have my head around Monticello enough to work out where to look.
>
> I've loaded seaside 3.1, but it looks like it's trying to load this package as part of 3.0.8 or 9.
>
> Has anyone loaded PierAdmin into Pharo2, and have any advice?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Jupiter

Re: Pier3AddOns and Pharo2

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I suspect that the configuration of PierAdmin still refers to an old configuration of Seaside ...
>
> I tried to check, but something is wrong on smalltalkhub. There are a few teams that are corrupted. I know of Magritte, Pier and Seaside. So I hope someone can fix this soon!

did you managed to have a look at this issue? I'm also facing it.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."