Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

zekUs
hello,

i installed seaside 3.0 into my pharo image with metacello. but scriptacalous and jquery examples are not loaded. when i installed with the script generated from seaside web site, there was examples of these libraries.

i used the code below to install:

ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'ALL'.

is there way to install examples of scriptacalous and jquery?

regards.

--
Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Lukas Renggli
I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
examples.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 9 April 2010 13:24, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello,
> i installed seaside 3.0 into my pharo image with metacello. but
> scriptacalous and jquery examples are not loaded. when i installed with the
> script generated from seaside web site, there was examples of these
> libraries.
> i used the code below to install:
> ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'ALL'.
> is there way to install examples of scriptacalous and jquery?
> regards.
>
> --
> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Maybe ConfigurationOfSeaside has a wrong name. Actually, it is like a facade to install not only Seaside but also some other Seaside-related tools like Magritte and Pier.

Have you check ConfigurationOfSeaside >> workspace ?

I cc Dale that will probably help you as I don't know if he is the mailing list.

Lukas: are there problems installing jQuery AND Scriptaculus ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
examples.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 9 April 2010 13:24, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello,
> i installed seaside 3.0 into my pharo image with metacello. but
> scriptacalous and jquery examples are not loaded. when i installed with the
> script generated from seaside web site, there was examples of these
> libraries.
> i used the code below to install:
> ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'ALL'.
> is there way to install examples of scriptacalous and jquery?
> regards.
>
> --
> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Lukas Renggli
> Lukas: are there problems installing jQuery AND Scriptaculus ?

No.

Lukas

> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
>> class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
>> http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
>> that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
>> examples.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 9 April 2010 13:24, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > hello,
>> > i installed seaside 3.0 into my pharo image with metacello. but
>> > scriptacalous and jquery examples are not loaded. when i installed with
>> > the
>> > script generated from seaside web site, there was examples of these
>> > libraries.
>> > i used the code below to install:
>> > ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'ALL'.
>> > is there way to install examples of scriptacalous and jquery?
>> > regards.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

zekUs

i installed directly from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and the examples are ok. Thanks to Lukas.

i thought that ConfigurationOfSeaside is a something like general conf for seaside and related projects. and i used it to fetch seaside3.0.

i think metacello is really useful and nice system. As a user of it i may critise a couple of things. first, i think metacello needs a GUI. on Monticello Browser we can see limited information about package. i do not exactly know if there is a place for application metadata on configuration classes but the conf class should carry the application name, application description etc. and some sort of GUI may let us to browse installation options of the package like versions and groups etc. for now in every configuration class there is different installation ways.

actually i must say, with metacello i can install packages very problem-less as i had never before with other methods. so really i loved it.

thanks for replies.

2010/4/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
Hi. Maybe ConfigurationOfSeaside has a wrong name. Actually, it is like a facade to install not only Seaside but also some other Seaside-related tools like Magritte and Pier.

Have you check ConfigurationOfSeaside >> workspace ?

I cc Dale that will probably help you as I don't know if he is the mailing list.

Lukas: are there problems installing jQuery AND Scriptaculus ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
examples.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 9 April 2010 13:24, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hello,
> i installed seaside 3.0 into my pharo image with metacello. but
> scriptacalous and jquery examples are not loaded. when i installed with the
> script generated from seaside web site, there was examples of these
> libraries.
> i used the code below to install:
> ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion load: 'ALL'.
> is there way to install examples of scriptacalous and jquery?
> regards.
>
> --
> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Lukas Renggli
> i installed directly from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and the examples are ok.

Great to hear.

> i think metacello is really useful and nice system. As a user of it i may
> critise a couple of things. first, i think metacello needs a GUI. on
> Monticello Browser we can see limited information about package. i do not
> exactly know if there is a place for application metadata on configuration
> classes but the conf class should carry the application name, application
> description etc. and some sort of GUI may let us to browse installation
> options of the package like versions and groups etc. for now in every
> configuration class there is different installation ways.

I agree, it would be great to have a simple browser showing a simple
list of all known configurations so that they can be installed with
one click. Should be really simple to implement with Gofer :-)

Lukas

> actually i must say, with metacello i can install packages very problem-less
> as i had never before with other methods. so really i loved it.
> thanks for replies.
> 2010/4/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi. Maybe ConfigurationOfSeaside has a wrong name. Actually, it is like a
>> facade to install not only Seaside but also some other Seaside-related tools
>> like Magritte and Pier.
>>
>> Have you check ConfigurationOfSeaside >> workspace ?
>>
>> I cc Dale that will probably help you as I don't know if he is the mailing
>> list.
>>
>> Lukas: are there problems installing jQuery AND Scriptaculus ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
>>> class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
>>> http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
>>> that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
>>> examples.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Mariano Martinez Peck
There ARE UI. Check:

- I copy paste here mail from DOru about Metaceller:

I would want to announce a basic version of a browser for managing Metacello configurations already loaded in the image. It is called Metaceller :) and it is based on Glamour.

To get it, invoke the following:

Gofer new
       squeaksource: 'glamoroust';
       package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamoroust';
       load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamoroust) perform: #loadDefault.
(Smalltalk at: #GTMetaceller) perform: #open

- Metacello by default only install the core, but you can install it with the Metacello OB tools.
Check http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/MetacelloTools

I think (not sure, should check) that if OB is installed in the image, then OB-Metacello is installed automatically.
Anyway, you can always do a (ConfigurationOfMetacello project lastVersion) load: 'ALL' and should work.

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i installed directly from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and the examples are ok.

Great to hear.

> i think metacello is really useful and nice system. As a user of it i may
> critise a couple of things. first, i think metacello needs a GUI. on
> Monticello Browser we can see limited information about package. i do not
> exactly know if there is a place for application metadata on configuration
> classes but the conf class should carry the application name, application
> description etc. and some sort of GUI may let us to browse installation
> options of the package like versions and groups etc. for now in every
> configuration class there is different installation ways.

I agree, it would be great to have a simple browser showing a simple
list of all known configurations so that they can be installed with
one click. Should be really simple to implement with Gofer :-)

Lukas

> actually i must say, with metacello i can install packages very problem-less
> as i had never before with other methods. so really i loved it.
> thanks for replies.
> 2010/4/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi. Maybe ConfigurationOfSeaside has a wrong name. Actually, it is like a
>> facade to install not only Seaside but also some other Seaside-related tools
>> like Magritte and Pier.
>>
>> Have you check ConfigurationOfSeaside >> workspace ?
>>
>> I cc Dale that will probably help you as I don't know if he is the mailing
>> list.
>>
>> Lukas: are there problems installing jQuery AND Scriptaculus ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not sure if you use the right configuration, because here the
>>> class is called ConfigurationOfSeaside30. See
>>> http://www.seaside.st/download/pharo#113383063 for the complete script
>>> that works for me, e.g. it loads all jQuery and Scriptaculous
>>> examples.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Install seaside with metacello. examples missing

Dale
ConfigurationOfSeaside loads Seaside2.8 by default...

ConfigurationOfSeaside is a one-stop shopping configuration for Seaside and has configs for all 6 different projects involved in Seaside:

  Seaside2.8, Magritte, Pier
  Seaside3.0, Magritte2, Pier2

ConfigurationOfSeaside>>workspace has examples of a number of different combinations for the above projects.

To load just Seaside3.0 using ConfigurationOfSeaside, the following should work:

  ConfigurationOfSeaside project latestVersion
    load: #( 'Seaside 3.0' 'Seaside 3.0 Tests' ).

Dale