Installation Problem

1 message Options

Installation Problem

Dan Antion
After successfully installing and running D6 Beta on my desktop, I
decided to also install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Toshiba Portege
M200 Tablet PC, running Windows XP Tablet Edition with SP2 installed.

The installation ran, but the fresh install option failed. I got as far
as the small window that says it is "preparing the installation process"
but no further (no unlock progress bar, no compress progress bar). At
this point, a Dolphin process remained active.

I tried closing that process and starting over, rebooting the machine
and starting over and uninstalling and starting over, all without any luck.

I then tried simply launching the image file in the Dolphin Smalltalk X6
directory in My Documents. This began the fresh image installation
again, and successfully installed to a Dolphin Smalltalk X6 directory
underneath itself.

With that second level directory in place, I was able to rerun the Fresh
Image install, and it worked as expected. I can also rerun the fresh
image install after deleting the installation in the second level directory.

I don't know if this is a fluke error, or somehow related to the Tablet
OS. I have not have any problems installing or running D5.1 on this same
machine.

Dan
Dan Antion