Installation on Centos 7 report

12

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
Which steps are missing?

On 6/17/16 3:07 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> /************************************/
> I can open the tODE image although "Tools" and "Windows" on tODE main menu
> are disabled.
> /*******************************************/
>
> Forgot this question...
>
> It happend that i do NOT finished all steps  :(
>
> I have to finish the steps first !
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,
/**************************/
Which steps are missing?
/**************************/
(missing by me :)

* Setup SSH port forwarding
* Setup on Client node

After finishing these steps i'm not able to connect to the stone.
I have are two Git Bash running:
1- With the SHH forwarding
2- To run: startClient tode1

But startClient tode1 (inside git bash):
$ startClient tode1
=================
   GsDevKit script: startClient tode1
              path: /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient
=================
/c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient: line 70: /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: No such file or directory
Error on or near line 70 :: startClient tode1 :: startClient tode1

If i run tode1 from Windows i have all menus disable. (see attached image)
error-01.jpg

Regards,
Bruno

PS:
Configuration at (C:\Users\Usuario\GsDevKit_home\sys\local\sessions\devKit_33):
TDSessionDescription {
        #name : 'devKit_33',
        #stoneHost : 'localhost.localdomain',
        #stoneName : 'devKit_33',
        #gemHost : '192.168.29.142',
        #netLDI : 'devKit_33_ldi',
        #netLDIPort : '50377',
        #gemTask : 'gemnetobject',
        #userId : 'DataCurator',
        #password : 'swordfish',
        #osUserId : nil,
        #osPassword : nil,
        #dataDirectory : nil,
        #backupDirectory : '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/backups/',
        #snapshotDirectory : '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/snapshots/',
        #gemstoneVersion : '3.3.0',
        #gciLibraryName : nil,
        #adornmentColor : nil,
        #serverGitRoot : nil,
        #serverTodeRoot : '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home',
        #authorId : nil
}

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

Forgot to mention "Open Tool" in the menu does nothing.

regards,
bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
Bruno, sorry to take so long to get back to you, but I've been out sick ...

So the fact that the menu items are grayed means that you haven't copied
the session description files for your stone to the client[1].

I had to do a little digging to find that information, so I've submitted
a bug to make the session description copy information a bit more
prominent[2]

Sorry that I took so long to get back to you ...

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitClient.md#setup-on-client-node
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/130

On 06/18/2016 08:52 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
> /**************************/
> Which steps are missing?
> /**************************/
> (missing by me :)
>
> * Setup SSH port forwarding
> * Setup on Client node
>
> After finishing these steps i'm not able to connect to the stone.
> I have are two Git Bash running:
> 1- With the SHH forwarding
> 2- To run: startClient tode1
>
> But startClient tode1 (inside git bash):
> $ startClient tode1
> =================
>     GsDevKit script: startClient tode1
>                path: /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient
> =================
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient: line 70:
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: No such file
> or directory
> Error on or near line 70 :: startClient tode1 :: startClient tode1
>
> If i run tode1 from Windows i have all menus disable. (see attached image)
> error-01.jpg <http://forum.world.st/file/n4901685/error-01.jpg>
>
> Regards,
> Bruno
>
> PS:
> Configuration at
> (C:\Users\Usuario\GsDevKit_home\sys\local\sessions\devKit_33):
> TDSessionDescription {
> #name : 'devKit_33',
> #stoneHost : 'localhost.localdomain',
> #stoneName : 'devKit_33',
> #gemHost : '192.168.29.142',
> #netLDI : 'devKit_33_ldi',
> #netLDIPort : '50377',
> #gemTask : 'gemnetobject',
> #userId : 'DataCurator',
> #password : 'swordfish',
> #osUserId : nil,
> #osPassword : nil,
> #dataDirectory : nil,
> #backupDirectory :
> '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/backups/',
> #snapshotDirectory :
> '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/devKit_33/snapshots/',
> #gemstoneVersion : '3.3.0',
> #gciLibraryName : nil,
> #adornmentColor : nil,
> #serverGitRoot : nil,
> #serverTodeRoot : '/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home',
> #authorId : nil
> }

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Hi Dale,

Just to clarify this installation has no firewalls (the other thread is a Centos behind firewall but this is local installation).

The good news is that i'm able to use tode and everything seems to be fine.

The "bad news" is that i have to perform some things manually (may be it was my fault) bacause the startClient command was failing to start. Report (remember maybe it was my fault):
(the client is a Windows 8 machine)

1- Copy from GsDevKit_home\dev\todeClient\template\startClient to /GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/
Error before performing this step:
/c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient: line 70: /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: No such file or directory
Error on or near line 70 :: startClient tode1 :: startClient tode1

2- Create manually .../GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/logs/tode1.log
Error before performing this step:
/c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: line 159: /c/Users                               /Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/logs/tode1.log: No such file or directory

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
Bruno,

I'm wondering if these two problems are side effects of the fact that
you were using scripts that had bugs in them ...

Could you create a new client:

   createClient tode2

and see if you still need to copy the startClient script and create the
log directory?

Dale

On 6/28/16 6:04 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Just to clarify this installation has no firewalls (the other thread is a
> Centos behind firewall but this is local installation).
>
> The good news is that i'm able to use tode and everything seems to be fine.
>
> The "bad news" is that i have to perform some things manually (may be it was
> my fault) bacause the startClient command was failing to start. Report
> (remember maybe it was my fault):
> (the client is a Windows 8 machine)
>
> 1- Copy from GsDevKit_home\dev\todeClient\template\startClient to
> /GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/
> Error before performing this step:
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/bin/startClient: line 70:
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: No such file
> or directory
> Error on or near line 70 :: startClient tode1 :: startClient tode1
>
> 2- Create manually .../GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/logs/tode1.log
> Error before performing this step:
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/startClient: line 159:
> /c/Users
> /Usuario/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1/logs/tode1.log: No such file or
> directory
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

You are right !

createClient tode2, ran as expected without any error or manual task to perform :)

So it was something i did wrong !

regards,
bruno

On 6/28/16 8:32 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>
> You are right !
>
> createClient tode2, ran as expected without any error or manual task to
> perform :)
>
> So it was something i did wrong !
Most likely it was not you, but the bugs in the scripts that you ran into :)

You can delete the tode1 client with `deleteClient tode1`

Dale
12