Installing 2.8

Marcin Tustin
I've just tried to install seaside on the latest squeak image released. I installed Comanche (KomHttpServer) and KomServices, then loaded Seaside2.8a's latest mcz file out of monticello. Doing 'WAKom startOn: 9090.' results in the error:
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>root

The offending method is:
HttpService>>initializeBindings
     bindings := DynamicBindings root newChild

What gives?

Re: Installing 2.8

Stuart Herring-2
On 6/18/07, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just tried to install seaside on the latest squeak image released. I
> installed Comanche (KomHttpServer) and KomServices, then loaded
> Seaside2.8a's latest mcz file out of monticello. Doing 'WAKom startOn:
> 9090.' results in the error:
> MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>root
>
> The offending method is:
> HttpService>>initializeBindings
>      bindings := DynamicBindings root newChild
>
> What gives?

You'll need to install DynamicBindings too - you should be able to
install it from SqueakMap.

Regards,
Stuart.

Re: Installing 2.8

Damien Cassou-3
2007/6/18, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]>:
> I've just tried to install seaside on the latest squeak image released. I
> installed Comanche (KomHttpServer) and KomServices, then loaded
> Seaside2.8a's latest mcz file out of monticello. Doing 'WAKom startOn:

Using Package Universe is a simpler way to install Seaside and other
packages which have dependencies. Use a squeak-dev image or a
squeak-web image: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-web/

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Installing 2.8

Marcin Tustin
Squeak web does not have the bleeding edge of Seaside, or of the squeak-dev base image, so that is why I did this.

What is a package universe, and how would I use it?

On 6/18/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2007/6/18, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]>:
> I've just tried to install seaside on the latest squeak image released. I
> installed Comanche (KomHttpServer) and KomServices, then loaded
> Seaside2.8a's latest mcz file out of monticello. Doing 'WAKom startOn:

Using Package Universe is a simpler way to install Seaside and other
packages which have dependencies. Use a squeak-dev image or a
squeak-web image: http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-web/

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Installing 2.8

Lukas Renggli
If you load Seaside from SqueakMap you automatically get all the
required dependencies. It is then just a matter of updating Seaside
through Monticello to get the latest version.

Lukas

On 6/18/07, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Squeak web does not have the bleeding edge of Seaside, or of the squeak-dev
> base image, so that is why I did this.
>
> What is a package universe, and how would I use it?
>

> On 6/18/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2007/6/18, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]>:
> > > I've just tried to install seaside on the latest squeak image released.
> > > installed Comanche (KomHttpServer) and KomServices, then loaded
> > > Seaside2.8a's latest mcz file out of monticello. Doing 'WAKom startOn:
> >
> > Using Package Universe is a simpler way to install Seaside and other
> > packages which have dependencies. Use a squeak-dev image or a
> > squeak-web image:
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-web/
> >
> > --
> > Damien Cassou

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Installing 2.8

Damien Cassou-3
2007/6/18, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> If you load Seaside from SqueakMap you automatically get all the
> required dependencies. It is then just a matter of updating Seaside
> through Monticello to get the latest version.

Same process with the universes :-)

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Installing 2.8

Damien Cassou-3
2007/6/18, Marcin Tustin <[hidden email]>:
> Squeak web does not have the bleeding edge of Seaside, or of the squeak-dev
> base image, so that is why I did this.
>
> What is a package universe, and how would I use it?

A package universe is a set of known to work packages. More
information on the wiki: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3785.

First, you need to install the package universe browser. It's included
in squeak-dev images.
Then, open the Package Universe Browser from the open menu.
Finally, select the package you want (Seaside here) and press install.

--
Damien Cassou