Installing 7.10.1 (CST13aPUL) on 10.9.4

Stephan Eggermont-3
While installing Cincom VisualWorks on a different Macintosh,
I decided to read and follow the installation guide.
I downloaded the .iso and double-clicked that to mount it.
I found some improvement possibilities:

1 Install.pdf
  p 1-2 Support for Mac OS 10.8, 10.9 (and soon 10.10) is missing in both Aqua and X11

 2 p2-1 On my 10.9.4 iMac 11.1, double-clicking on installMacOSX.command doesn't work.
  The installer crashes. Doubleclicking autorun works.

3 When selecting Components to install, the selection can get confused.
  I deselected COM, then the one below it and on top of that COM was drawn.

4 The default directory that is selected where the installation options can be saved is the (read-only)
  mounted .iso. The dialog title is 'Open File' while it is saving a file. There is no possibility to
  create a folder.

Stephan

Re: Installing 7.10.1 (CST13aPUL) on 10.9.4

Mark Roberts
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your feedback on this. Regarding the first two points, we
will update Install.pdf, though this probably won't make 8.0, as it is
in the final stages of the release cycle.

We haven't observed or been able to reproduce the third point that you
mention, and the fourth one is a known issue though also something that
probably cannot make the 8.0 release.

Best regards,

M. Roberts
Cincom Systems, Inc.