Installing Filetree

12

Installing Filetree

Bert Freudenberg
Hi all,

Dale has been working on a Squeak version of FileTree, which is a Monticello repository backed not by zip files, but a tree of individual class files that can be versioned using git, svn, etc:

https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md

Since I don't like cluttering my image with unrelated things, here's how to load it using just Installer - provided you have an up-to-date trunk image with the fixes I posted today:

========================
"Bootstrap from squeak43 branch in squeaksource3"

Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

"Load from local filetree repository (cloned squeak4.3 branch from github into image folder)"

Installer monticello
        mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
                (FileDirectory uri: 'filetree/repository/'));
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'
========================

If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g. 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').

- Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Dale Henrichs
Bert,

Thanks for the better install script (and your pull request:) ... I've updated the readme...

Dale

| Dale has been working on a Squeak version of FileTree, which is a
| Monticello repository backed not by zip files, but a tree of
| individual class files that can be versioned using git, svn, etc:
|
| https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md
|
| Since I don't like cluttering my image with unrelated things, here's
| how to load it using just Installer - provided you have an
| up-to-date trunk image with the fixes I posted today:
|
| ========================
| "Bootstrap from squeak43 branch in squeaksource3"
|
| Installer ss3
| project: 'FileTree';
| install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
|
| "Load from local filetree repository (cloned squeak4.3 branch from
| github into image folder)"
|
| Installer monticello
| mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
| (FileDirectory uri: 'filetree/repository/'));
| install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'
| ========================
|
| If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit
| version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g.
| 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').
|
| - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Dale has been working on a Squeak version of FileTree, which is a Monticello repository backed not by zip files, but a tree of individual class files that can be versioned using git, svn, etc:
>
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md
>
> Since I don't like cluttering my image with unrelated things, here's how to load it using just Installer - provided you have an up-to-date trunk image with the fixes I posted today:

As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an error.

Levente

> ========================
> "Bootstrap from squeak43 branch in squeaksource3"
>
> Installer ss3
> project: 'FileTree';
> install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>
> "Load from local filetree repository (cloned squeak4.3 branch from github into image folder)"
>
> Installer monticello
> mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
> (FileDirectory uri: 'filetree/repository/'));
> install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'
> ========================
>
> If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g. 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').
>
> - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Bert Freudenberg
On 2012-07-05, at 16:25, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>>  with the fixes I posted today:
>
> As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an error.

Ah. I fixed that problem now. The test was using an unexpectedly short name for a MC version ("MC1").

It's back down to 4 failures, no errors.

- Bert -

Monticello tests

Bert Freudenberg
On 2012-07-05, at 17:13, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 2012-07-05, at 16:25, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
>> As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an error.
>

> Ah. I fixed that problem now. The test was using an unexpectedly short name for a MC version ("MC1").
>
> It's back down to 4 failures, no errors.
>
> - Bert -

Can't get a grip on the rest. Seems to have to do with 'Tests-Monticello-Mocks' vs 'Monticello-Mocks' system categories, but experimenting with that hoses the image quickly.

I'm not quite sure how Colin intended the mock packages to work.

- Bert -

Re: Monticello tests

Colin Putney-3
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can't get a grip on the rest. Seems to have to do with 'Tests-Monticello-Mocks' vs 'Monticello-Mocks' system categories, but experimenting with that hoses the image quickly.
>
> I'm not quite sure how Colin intended the mock packages to work.

I'll take a look.

Colin

Re: Monticello tests

Frank Shearar-3
On 5 July 2012 17:21, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2012-07-05, at 17:13, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> On 2012-07-05, at 16:25, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>
>>> As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an error.
>>

>> Ah. I fixed that problem now. The test was using an unexpectedly short name for a MC version ("MC1").
>>
>> It's back down to 4 failures, no errors.
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Can't get a grip on the rest. Seems to have to do with 'Tests-Monticello-Mocks' vs 'Monticello-Mocks' system categories, but experimenting with that hoses the image quickly.

Guillermo Polito just ran into something in this area over in the
Pharo community. It might be worth sending him a mail?

frank

> I'm not quite sure how Colin intended the mock packages to work.
>
> - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Bert

Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

worked fine in a fully updated image.

I then did the following test.
I created a package 'HHTestingFileTree' in the Monticello Browser and
added a filetree repo on the local harddisk

I created a class 'Dummy' in the category 'HHTestingFileTree'

Then I wanted to save it in the Monticello Browser with 'save it'.

A debugger came up breaking in MCScanner >> next

next
        | c |
        stream skipSeparators.
        c := stream peek.
        c = $# ifTrue: [c := stream next; peek].
        c = $' ifTrue: [^ self nextString].
        c = $( ifTrue: [^ self nextArray].
        c isAlphaNumeric ifTrue: [^ self nextSymbol].       <<<<<< c is nil
        self error: 'Unknown token type'.

Am I missing something? Does it work for you

--Hannes

On 7/5/12, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2012-07-05, at 16:25, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>>>  with the fixes I posted today:
>>
>> As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an error.
>

> Ah. I fixed that problem now. The test was using an unexpectedly short name
> for a MC version ("MC1").
>
> It's back down to 4 failures, no errors.
>
> - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Dale Henrichs
Hannes,

Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?

I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files up-to-date and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load from a git repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.

I'd also be interested to know which version of the MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...

Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but I test against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code for Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my latest updates...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
[2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
[3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
|         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
|
| worked fine in a fully updated image.
|
| I then did the following test.
| I created a package 'HHTestingFileTree' in the Monticello Browser and
| added a filetree repo on the local harddisk
|
| I created a class 'Dummy' in the category 'HHTestingFileTree'
|
| Then I wanted to save it in the Monticello Browser with 'save it'.
|
| A debugger came up breaking in MCScanner >> next
|
| next
| | c |
| stream skipSeparators.
| c := stream peek.
| c = $# ifTrue: [c := stream next; peek].
| c = $' ifTrue: [^ self nextString].
| c = $( ifTrue: [^ self nextArray].
| c isAlphaNumeric ifTrue: [^ self nextSymbol].       <<<<<< c is nil
| self error: 'Unknown token type'.
|

| Am I missing something? Does it work for you
|
| --Hannes
|
| On 7/5/12, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

| >> As a side-effect several (~30) Monticello tests fail or raise an
| >> error.
| >

| > Ah. I fixed that problem now. The test was using an unexpectedly
| > short name
| > for a MC version ("MC1").
| >
| > It's back down to 4 failures, no errors.
| >
| > - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
Dale,

Thank you for answering quickly and for pointing out that I should go
for the github version.
I'll do that.

In the meantime:
It is a plain 4.3all-in one image from www.squeak.org updated to the
last change.

I filed in FileTree, but no git is installed.

I clicked on 'open' in the Monticello browser, the result is shown in
the screenshot.

Maybe this helps. Otherwise I can upload the whole image.

Hannes

On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hannes,
>
> Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
>
> I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files up-to-date
> and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load from a git
> repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
>
> I'd also be interested to know which version of the
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
>
> Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but I test
> against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code for
> Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my latest
> updates...
>
> Dale
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
> [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
> [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip

FileTreeInLatestSqueakAsOfJuly13th2012.PNG (74K) Download Attachment

Re: Installing Filetree

Dale Henrichs
Hannes,

The stack looks like a FileTree bug.... I've created Issue #49[1].

I won't be able to track this bug down right away, but I'll get to it as soon as I can ...

Thanks,

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/issues/49

| Thank you for answering quickly and for pointing out that I should go
| for the github version.
| I'll do that.
|
| In the meantime:
| It is a plain 4.3all-in one image from www.squeak.org updated to the
| last change.
|
| I filed in FileTree, but no git is installed.
|
| I clicked on 'open' in the Monticello browser, the result is shown in
| the screenshot.
|
| Maybe this helps. Otherwise I can upload the whole image.
|
| Hannes
|
| On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > Hannes,
| >
| > Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
| >
| > I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files
| > up-to-date
| > and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load
| > from a git
| > repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
| >
| > I'd also be interested to know which version of the
| > MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
| >
| > Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but
| > I test
| > against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code
| > for
| > Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my
| > latest
| > updates...
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > [1]
| > https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
| > [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
| > [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
| > |
| > | Hi Bert
| > |
| > | Installer ss3
| > |         project: 'FileTree';
| > |         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
| > |
| > | worked fine in a fully updated image.
| > |
| > | I then did the following test.
| > | I created a package 'HHTestingFileTree' in the Monticello Browser
| > | and
| > | added a filetree repo on the local harddisk
| > |
| > | I created a class 'Dummy' in the category 'HHTestingFileTree'
| > |
| > | Then I wanted to save it in the Monticello Browser with 'save
| > | it'.
| > |
| > | A debugger came up breaking in MCScanner >> next
| > |
| > | next
| > | | c |
| > | stream skipSeparators.
| > | c := stream peek.
| > | c = $# ifTrue: [c := stream next; peek].
| > | c = $' ifTrue: [^ self nextString].
| > | c = $( ifTrue: [^ self nextArray].
| > | c isAlphaNumeric ifTrue: [^ self nextSymbol].       <<<<<< c is
| > | nil
| > | self error: 'Unknown token type'.
| > |
| > |
| > | Am I missing something? Does it work for you
| > |
| > | --Hannes
| > |

| > |
| > |

Re: Installing Filetree

Dale Henrichs
Hannes,

I repeated your steps in Squeak4.3-11860 and did not have an issue.

What's the build number in your image (i.e., is it older or newer than the image I'm using)?

Dale

| The stack looks like a FileTree bug.... I've created Issue #49[1].
|
| I won't be able to track this bug down right away, but I'll get to it
| as soon as I can ...
|
| Thanks,
|
| Dale
|
| [1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/issues/49

| |
| | Dale,
| |
| | Thank you for answering quickly and for pointing out that I should
| | go
| | for the github version.
| | I'll do that.
| |
| | In the meantime:
| | It is a plain 4.3all-in one image from www.squeak.org updated to
| | the
| | last change.
| |
| | I filed in FileTree, but no git is installed.
| |
| | I clicked on 'open' in the Monticello browser, the result is shown
| | in
| | the screenshot.
| |
| | Maybe this helps. Otherwise I can upload the whole image.
| |
| | Hannes
| |
| | On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
| | > Hannes,
| | >
| | > Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
| | >
| | > I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files
| | > up-to-date
| | > and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load
| | > from a git
| | > repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
| | >
| | > I'd also be interested to know which version of the
| | > MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
| | >
| | > Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github,
| | > but
| | > I test
| | > against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github
| | > code
| | > for
| | > Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my
| | > latest
| | > updates...
| | >
| | > Dale
| | >
| | > [1]
| | > https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
| | > [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
| | > [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > | | c |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| | > |
| | > |

| |

Re: Installing Filetree

Chris Muller-3
This is now documented in SqueakMap.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Dale has been working on a Squeak version of FileTree, which is a Monticello repository backed not by zip files, but a tree of individual class files that can be versioned using git, svn, etc:
>
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/SqueakInstall.md
>
> Since I don't like cluttering my image with unrelated things, here's how to load it using just Installer - provided you have an up-to-date trunk image with the fixes I posted today:
>
> ========================
> "Bootstrap from squeak43 branch in squeaksource3"
>
> Installer ss3
>         project: 'FileTree';
>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>
> "Load from local filetree repository (cloned squeak4.3 branch from github into image folder)"
>
> Installer monticello
>         mc: (MCFileTreeRepository directory:
>                 (FileDirectory uri: 'filetree/repository/'));
>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core'
> ========================
>
> If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g. 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').
>
> - Bert -

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hannes,
>
> Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
>
> I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files up-to-date
> and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load from a git
> repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
>
> I'd also be interested to know which version of the
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
>
> Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but I test
> against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code for
> Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my latest
> updates...
>
> Dale
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
> [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028

> [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip

Dale

I redid the test case

Prerequisite:

A pristine copy of [3] using the latest Cog machine on Windows
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/cogwin.zip (I assume
the Cog version has no influence, this is just for the record)

The image version is Squeak 4.3 #11860

Steps
1) Open a workspace
2) Paste in the code from the email from Bert who reports it has worked for him.

Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

3) Execute the code

Result
A walkback.
The versions collection is empty, see attached screen shot.

Suggestions what else to test are welcome.

--Hannes

Squeak4.3AllInOneFileTreeLoadTestFailed.GIF (61K) Download Attachment

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
Regarding point 2 of the previous mail.

I realize that instead of

Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

I have to go to
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree/
and pick out a file name and then do e.g.

Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz'.

Then it files in file. However there is still a problem. See next mail.

--HJH

On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hannes,
>>
>> Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
>>
>> I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files up-to-date
>> and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load from a
>> git
>> repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
>>
>> I'd also be interested to know which version of the
>> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
>>
>> Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but I test
>> against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code for
>> Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my latest
>> updates...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
>> [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
>
>> [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>

> Dale
>
> I redid the test case
>

> Prerequisite:
>
> A pristine copy of [3] using the latest Cog machine on Windows
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/cogwin.zip (I assume
> the Cog version has no influence, this is just for the record)
>
> The image version is Squeak 4.3 #11860
>
> Steps
> 1) Open a workspace
> 2) Paste in the code from the email from Bert who reports it has worked for
> him.
>
> Installer ss3
>         project: 'FileTree';
>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>
> 3) Execute the code
>

> Result
> A walkback.
> The versions collection is empty, see attached screen shot.
>

> Suggestions what else to test are welcome.
>

> --Hannes

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
OK I have to pick the right file. I just picked the latest without
actually reading the file name properly.

I have to take
MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz

and NOT
MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz

HJH

On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Regarding point 2 of the previous mail.
>
> I realize that instead of
>
> Installer ss3
>         project: 'FileTree';
>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>
> I have to go to
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree/
> and pick out a file name and then do e.g.
>
> Installer ss3
>         project: 'FileTree';
>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz'.
>

> Then it files in file. However there is still a problem. See next mail.
>
> --HJH
>
> On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 7/13/12, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hannes,
>>>
>>> Could I see a little more of the stack to get some context?
>>>
>>> I should point out that I don't necessarily keep the mcz files
>>> up-to-date
>>> and that the complete install of FileTree should involve a load from a
>>> git
>>> repository[1], to get the absolutely latest code.
>>>
>>> I'd also be interested to know which version of the
>>> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43 package that is loaded ...
>>>
>>> Finally I run tests using travisCI[2] for each push to github, but I
>>> test
>>> against the image downloaded from [3] (including latest github code for
>>> Squeak4.3 branch) and that passing all of the unit tests, with my latest
>>> updates...
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md
>>> [2] http://travis-ci.org/#!/dalehenrich/filetree/builds/1810028
>>
>>> [3] http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>>

>> Dale
>>
>> I redid the test case
>>

>> Prerequisite:
>>
>> A pristine copy of [3] using the latest Cog machine on Windows
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/cogwin.zip (I assume
>> the Cog version has no influence, this is just for the record)
>>
>> The image version is Squeak 4.3 #11860
>>
>> Steps
>> 1) Open a workspace
>> 2) Paste in the code from the email from Bert who reports it has worked
>> for
>> him.
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>>
>> 3) Execute the code
>>

>> Result
>> A walkback.
>> The versions collection is empty, see attached screen shot.
>>

>> Suggestions what else to test are welcome.
>>

>> --Hannes

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
The original test case

1) Create a package  'HHTestingFileTree'
2) add a class 'MyHHclass'
3) add a class method
4) Add in the MonticelloBrowser a filetree directory
5) Click 'Save' in the MonticelloBrowser

FAILS

variable  'contents' is empty in an object of the class
MCFileTreeStCypressReader

--Hannes

On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK I have to pick the right file. I just picked the latest without
> actually reading the file name properly.
>
> I have to take
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz
>
> and NOT
> MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz
>
> HJH
>
> On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Regarding point 2 of the previous mail.
>>
>> I realize that instead of
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>>
>> I have to go to
>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree/
>> and pick out a file name and then do e.g.
>>
>> Installer ss3
>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz'.
>>

>> Then it files in file. However there is still a problem. See next mail.
>>
>> --HJH

>>> Dale
>>>
>>> I redid the test case
>>>

>>> Prerequisite:
>>>
>>> A pristine copy of [3] using the latest Cog machine on Windows
>>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2559/cogwin.zip (I assume
>>> the Cog version has no influence, this is just for the record)
>>>
>>> The image version is Squeak 4.3 #11860
>>>
>>> Steps
>>> 1) Open a workspace
>>> 2) Paste in the code from the email from Bert who reports it has worked
>>> for
>>> him.
>>>
>>> Installer ss3
>>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>>>
>>> 3) Execute the code
>>>

>>> Result
>>> A walkback.
>>> The versions collection is empty, see attached screen shot.
>>>

>>> Suggestions what else to test are welcome.
>>>

>>> --Hannes

Re: Installing Filetree

Hannes Hirzel
And here comes the screen shot.

On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The original test case
>
> 1) Create a package  'HHTestingFileTree'
> 2) add a class 'MyHHclass'
> 3) add a class method
> 4) Add in the MonticelloBrowser a filetree directory
> 5) Click 'Save' in the MonticelloBrowser
>
> FAILS
>
> variable  'contents' is empty in an object of the class
> MCFileTreeStCypressReader
>

> --Hannes
>
> On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> OK I have to pick the right file. I just picked the latest without
>> actually reading the file name properly.
>>
>> I have to take
>> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz
>>
>> and NOT
>> MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz
>>
>> HJH
>>
>> On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Regarding point 2 of the previous mail.
>>>
>>> I realize that instead of
>>>
>>> Installer ss3
>>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.
>>>
>>> I have to go to
>>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree/
>>> and pick out a file name and then do e.g.
>>>
>>> Installer ss3
>>>         project: 'FileTree';
>>>         install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz'.
>>>

>>> Then it files in file. However there is still a problem. See next mail.
>>>
>>> --HJH

Squeak4.3-11860-FileTreeTestFails.GIF (77K) Download Attachment

Re: Installing Filetree

Dale Henrichs
Hannes,

Okay ... I've updated the FileTree bugreport[1] with a reference to your post and will take a look when I get a chance ...

I will still point out that the install instructions for FileTree[2] include a load of the latest code from the github repository...

BTW, you indicated that you needed to explicitly load a specific version in the Installer script and that the instructions:

   Installer ss3
        project: 'FileTree';
        install: 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43'.

don't load the correct version... Is that correct?

[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/pharo1.3/doc/SqueakInstall.md

| On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > The original test case
| >
| > 1) Create a package  'HHTestingFileTree'
| > 2) add a class 'MyHHclass'
| > 3) add a class method
| > 4) Add in the MonticelloBrowser a filetree directory
| > 5) Click 'Save' in the MonticelloBrowser
| >
| > FAILS
| >
| > variable  'contents' is empty in an object of the class
| > MCFileTreeStCypressReader
| >

| > --Hannes
| >
| > On 7/19/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >> OK I have to pick the right file. I just picked the latest without
| >> actually reading the file name properly.
| >>
| >> I have to take
| >> MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70.mcz
| >>
| >> and NOT
| >> MonticelloFileTree-Core.pharo20-dkh.78.mcz
| >>
| >> HJH

Re: Installing Filetree

Bert Freudenberg
As I wrote in my original announcement:

> If you have an older image without the new fixes, giving an explicit version number for the ss3 bootstrap should make it work (e.g. 'MonticelloFileTree-Core.squeak43-dkh.70').

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-July/164703.html

There is no problem with FileTree but with Installer/Monticello, which did not handle branched packages correctly. It's fixed in trunk.

Or am I missing something?

- Bert -

12